View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Ellevee
Part-Time Fan

OT: Not that it matters to me, but my friend had noticed in my previous postings that I had the number of posts seem to be stuck, even mistaking it to be some kind of I.D. number. And now it's happening again. I really don't care...just curious (and my friend keeps pestering me about it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiepagie07 (View Post)
. . .Do you think she reconizes you from the first time you met her, when your at the set of FoG?
God, I hope not only bec I was such a dork. Actually, I was concerned about that. I was waiting for someone to drag me out of the set...

Anyways, here's my Lauren encounter story part 2

As soon as I saw Lauren everything just went into slow motion mode allowing me to soak in the very beautiful sight unfolding right before my eyes. As I came closer and closer the sight became frozen in time. My jaw must have dropped 20 feet below sea level. No matter how many times I've seen her I always feel the same kind of emotion. Truly overwhelming. My heart jumped out of my chest. My insides somersaulting and cartwheeling. A sudden rush of blood zooming through my brains, my face turning beet red. I had my friend worried, asking, "Hey, you okay?" I could only respond with a stammering "I think I'm dreaming." only to be jolted with a hard pinch to the arm! I hate when my friend does that.

I just stood there muttering softly to myself, "OMG, OMG there's Lauren, there's Lauren." I must be wide-eyed. Never blinked an eye...never kept my eyes off her. There she was in full panasonic view, chatting with Greg. I was hoping that by staring at Lauren this will be directly transmitted to this thread and automatically uploads that very sight. I wish they'd invent some kind of an instant eye contact-to-direct picture upload to FF threads device. Then it hit me. Now in panic mode, I scrambled for my camera, muttering, "picture...picture" and tried mental telepathy on Lauren, "please don't move...please don't move...Ooops, too late! Greg had moved to Lauren's right so I had to make do with what I've got --Lauren's back. Let me just say this, if you thought Lauren is beautiful in pictures, she's 10 times prettier in person. You instantly get mesmerized, even forgetting your own name!

So, naturally, I couldn't sleep that night and kept reliving every second of that precious moment. Exhilarating is quite an understatement. It was huge through-the roof-over-the-moon-dancing-through-the-woods-happy experience.

I wanted to focus on Lauren that night but I had a job to do as satellite reporter so here are some sidelights that were heard and seen:

- The littlest son is played by twin actors

- The younger girl looks like Lauren in her little girl picture, you know, chubby and curly hair. I call her mini Lauren. Does anyone know the name of this child actor? I wonder if she and Lauren are related in some way.

- It's so cute how Lauren carries the toddler - the typical right hip stance. The boy looked heavy for Lauren. You can imagine Lauren going through this over countless rehearsals and takes. I enjoyed that - not the part of Lauren's pain and exhaustion - but bec I get to see a lot of her.

- The one too many "cuts" yelled out by the director made the assistant director cranky. Who wouldn't? They've been there since two that afternoon and didn't take lunch break till 8:30 p.m. The day before, they didn't finish till 1:30 a.m. Also, during one of those "cuts" Greg dropped the props he was holding and with a trace of exhaustion and a bit of frustration headed for the chair to wait for the scene to be set up again for the nth time. Lauren would go inside the house to wait. Amazingly, none of the children complained. They went through the scene like real troupers.

- All the props are vintagey - cars, wardrobe, the house (the facade at least). I bet the house's owner is glad he didn't do renovations bec it really had the authentic look of the era when the story happened. One resident who was watching said she had the exact same house structure. She really looked disappointed. They rolled in a vintage hideous-looking couch through the back of the house. It looked uncomfortable to sit on. It's also fun to see them bringing in vintage toys, one of which was a yellow plastic bouncing horse which is connected to springs that makes it bounce.

- One of the extras looked like Sean Astin. I'm pretty sure it wasn't him but he's cute.

- Later that day two teenaged boys joined us watching in the sidelines. When the director yelled "cut" then "lunch" three cars drove in front of the house to transport the actors. One of the boys prods his friend to take move closer to the set, telling him, "okay take the picture now" and they were looking at Lauren's direction. I'm amused that they were interested in taking Lauren's picture. I had attempted but failed to take one last shot of Lauren as she makes a dash towards a waiting limo. Boy, she sprints as fast as she talks. I think she switch into flip flops by then. The limo quickly whisks her away, destination unknown, for some chow time. My friend goaded me into following suit. Nah, Lauren deserves her space.

I want you all to feel exactly how I felt. I can't believe that neighbourhood is not nosy. If it were in my neighbourhood, I'd camp out everyday. I guess that's what film makers and celebrities like about Toronto. They can go about their business without being bothered, except when I'm around. This is much better than watching those crappy shows on tv. What is better than hanging with Lauren. Hey, I got to hang with Lauren (you know, talk, not talk). Ooh I love saying that! I hadn't realized I'd been standing for a couple of hours. Very unusual for me as I'm used to sitting at work most of the day. My feet seemed nailed to the pavement. I didn't wanna leave ever.

Boy am I glad to get booted out of the library computer place. Turned out to be a blessing after all. Otherwise, I would've missed the best day, no, hours actually, of my life. Well, all my Lauren encounters were the best hours of my life. All the stars and planets aligned that day. My camera didn't conk out on me with enough space to spare in my memory card. My dear friend came to the rescue. After a little bribery here and there. I think I might have said yes to all the demands just to make this trip a possibility. But it's ok. Anything for Lauren...

I may have seen Lauren in NY and L.A. but those were rather flukes, being in the right place at the right time. But this time I had to make it happen. I'll be damned if I didn't get to see Lauren in person during the three-month movie shoot in my own turf. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had let that opportunity simply slip by. I would've been content with seeing just the set. In the beginning I had wished for just a glimpse of Lauren. I got more than I bargained for, with a bonus to boot. I got to be an accidental tourist for I never venture alone beyond a two-mile radius and I make sure I'm home no later than 9 p.m. But I've broken all these barriers. Thanks to Lauren. Funny, since she arrived in Toronto, I have become aware of my surroundings, you know, hoping to get some Lauren sightings in the vicinity of my workplace. Even if I knew she'd be at the set at my lunch break I'd still keep my eye out wishfully thinking I'd bump into her on the sidewalk or something. I guess my Lauren-gitis is getting worse.

Still, my ultimate goal is to have a picture with Lauren. Just the two of us - me and her, her and me. If for some stroke of luck I get to see/meet Lauren shopping or whatever, I'd probably stay away and admire her from a distance. Because I'm too chicken to ask her. This will be my new magnificent obsession. Well, if it's meant to be...

And so ladies and gents, this will go down in history as the greatest story ever told, at least, to my grandchildren, greatgrandchildren, and, hopefully, all the way down the line, and will also serve as a forewarning that they have it in their genes - paparazzism and stalkerism. As much as I grieve for the end of Gilmore Girls, I'm now thankful for that bec Burbank's loss is Toronto's gain. And I'm not a bit complaining.

Oh..and the pictures will be up soon.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele

Last edited by Ellevee; 08-01-2007 at 03:47 PM