View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 11:49 AM
enigma777
Master Fan

Hey guys. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but from what I understand, possibly the biggest reason why Skiffy (as I and other people who hate the SciFi Channel like to call them) cancelled I-Man and other shows was that they wanted to spend their money on shows produced by their own production company or USA's production company so they would get the money from the sales of DVDs and other merchandise. I believe that you can also chalk up the cancellation of "The Chronicle" (which I thought was a good, light/comedic sci-fi show) to this grab for money.

As Stephen J. Cannell stated somewhere last year or the year before, all of the major television networks and cable television networks are trying to do this, and besides it leading to the cancellation of good shows produced by independent production companies, it has limited competition, and therefore has been and will continue to stifle creativity and originality.

So yes, Tremors and "The Shannen Doherty is Scary Show" may suck, but Skiffy produces them, and gets *all* of the money from them.

And I also really liked I-Man.
enigma777 is offline   Reply With Quote