View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 05:29 PM
cartiergurl01
Master Fan

I was actually supposed to start this thread and had an opening post all ready. Could you add this to the opening post?:

Brenda Walsh was introduced as the more rebellious Walsh twin to her earnest, good samaritan brother, Brandon. The character soon became infamous for her bratty traits, being perceived as a bad girl, and bitch (mostly having to do with Shannen Doherty’s bad publicity.) But besides her bad reputation, you can never deny that the character was incredibly strong, caring, protective, and forgiving. She was able to give a shoulder to lean on to people even after they hurt her; she fought for what she believed in, and went after her dreams. And who could ever forget the trademark bangs she sported? Throughout her 4 years on the show, she survived an intense relationship with Dylan McKay, two short flings, a broken engagement, summer in Paris, betrayal, controlling parents, overshadowing brother, stifling environment, and a psychopath trying to destroy her, but in the end she came out stronger than ever. She grew, and went through different phases to say the least, and her momentum in the show is to never be underestimated. She left such a huge impact on the show that to this day she is still remembered, and arguably the most infamous character, but one thing I think everyone can agree on is that the show was never the same when she left.

“Look, the truth is. It’s not about you, it’s me. I came out here to prove some kid of point, to prove that I could make it on my own, that I didn’t need to be in L.A. where Brandon was or all my friends where. I wanted to be different. Well, it turns out I am different. Not from just my friends back home, but from you, and everyone else, and that’s just the way it is."

Brenda Walsh was introduced as the more rebellious Walsh twin to her earnest, good samaritan brother, Brandon. The character soon became infamous for her bratty traits, being perceived as a bad girl, and bitch (mostly having to do with Shannen Doherty’s bad publicity.) But besides her bad reputation, you can never deny that the character was incredibly strong, caring, protective, and forgiving. She was able to give a shoulder to lean on to people even after they hurt her; she fought for what she believed in, and went after her dreams. And who could ever forget the trademark bangs she sported? Throughout her 4 years on the show, she survived an intense relationship with Dylan McKay, two short flings, a broken engagement, summer in Paris, betrayal, controlling parents, overshadowing brother, stifling environment, and a psychopath trying to destroy her, but in the end she came out stronger than ever. She grew, and went through different phases to say the least, and her momentum in the show is to never be underestimated. She left such a huge impact on the show that to this day she is still remembered, and arguably the most infamous character, but one thing I think everyone can agree on is that the show was never the same when she left.

Soundtrack:

1. “Bitch,” by Meredith Brooks
2. “The Voice Within,” by Christina Aguilera
3. “Reflections,” by Christina Aguilera
4. “It’s My Life,” by No Doubt
5. “Just A Girl,” by No Doubt
6. “Outside,” by Mariah Carey
7. “I Belong To Me,” by Jessica Simpson
8. “Beautiful,” Christina Aguilera

Shippers's List:

Quote Of The Thread:

Brenda: Look, the truth is. It’s not about you, it’s me. I came out here to prove some kid of point, to prove that I could make it on my own, that I didn’t need to be in L.A. where Brandon was or all my friends where. I wanted to be different. Well, it turns out I am different. Not from just my friends back home, but from you, and everyone else, and that’s just the way it is.