View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm Not Dead
Elite Fan

Doug and Carol (ER) #2: Because They Had A Sex Room Underneath The ER.

THE DOUG AND CAROL APPRECIATION THREAD

Photo by Agnieszka.

They were about the only couple on a TV drama to get through sweeps without cheating on each other and choose to make their relationship work while still finding the time to fool around in exam rooms, make sex tapes and save lives. And they looked hot while doing it. Doctors, firemen and horny Brits threatened to come between them but nothing was ever able to keep Doug and Carol apart for long. That's why one of them didn't move to Phoenix, Philadelphia or even the Congo, as other ER couples did. They persevered and they got their happy ending. It just took them six years to do it.

By krisg

By Mary

-----

D/C Fans.

1) irishghost
2) tanith75
3) luvcali76
4) jacky7.7
5) LukaAbbyLover
6) Lindsay
7) mariem201
8) Lukacnd
9) Libra (Sandy)
10) xBluejeanbabyx
11) Freckles87
12) clooneyfan2
13) Brilliant Disguise
14) courtneybangelcakes
15) fall like stars
16) .oDs:.
17) Nothing Else Matters

And it's not just us...

George: Glad she (Julianna) took our show. I got to make out with her.

Julianna: It's always comforting to work with George, because we know each other so well, acting-wise. I don't see George the way the rest of the world sees George, as a huge movie star. I see him as my mate, my coworker.

Larry King: What did you used to want to be when you grew up?
Julianna: A jockey.
Larry King: George?
George: A horse.

TVGuide: Imagine for us the scene when you finally are an item again.
George: We'll be in a waterbed with two other nurses. That's my idea. I'm willing to listen to whatever ideas Julianna has, though.
Julianna: I hope it's completely opposite from what anyone would ever imagine. These characters are so passionate about each other. I hope for a hot, great scene.
George: I'm hoping to see a hot, great scene, too. In fact, I'm willing to rehearse. And I mean rehearse the hell out of it.
Julianna: Carol and Doug are the kind of people who can look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking.
George: I'll know she's thinking, "Hey, I got the Emmy buddy!"
Julianna: I will look at him and think, "Loser!"

Julianna Margulies on Rosie talking about SSS | Audio.isg.si

Courtesy of sightssounds.net

-----
Doug and Carol Sites

It's been 15 years and they're still the best couple ER has ever produced. No melodrama. Hell, they didn't even have to do a sex scene to rope people in. (Not that we would have minded one)

-----

Doug: I think about her all the time. I don't like it when I'm not with her. I don't want to be with anyone else.

Carol: I can't remember a time when I didn't love him.

Doug and Carol Moments.

------

George on the Ellen DeGeneres Show in January 2009 talking about how Ellen could get Julianna on the show.

THE KISS!

-----

The Ross babies: Tess and Kate.

It may have been almost 9 years since they rocked out to Don Henley in Seattle, but the romance between Doug Ross and Carol Hathaway proved that it takes more than a suicide attempt, or a lonely Croatian, to kill true love. It was recently announced that Doug and Carol will appear in one of the last episodes of ER's fifteenth and final season.

Wallpaper by Claire.

"When a beloved character leaves a long-running show, a grand exit generally is required. Few have been as satisfying as Julianna Margulies' swan-song after six seasons as the ER's angel of mercy, Carol Hathaway, when she hopped on a plane to Seattle and ran into the arms of George Clooney, in a cameo that was a well-kept secret. We like to think they're still happy."
- TVGuide Review

Last edited by royalįƒ¦caliber; 08-08-2017 at 05:31 PM