View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Honey-Girl
Elite Fan

I'm not so good in translations so I hope you understand my translation of the first article but the second one I posted is actualy the same.

Quote:
US-Actor Josh Holloway known from the mystery-series “Lost” is the new face of Davidoff Cool Water fragrance

After actresses like Eva Longoria, Hilary Swank and Penèlope Cruz revealed the alleged secrets of their attractiveness in various cosmetic campaign it’s now Hollywoods men turn. For example the British actor Clive Owen represents Lancôme the fragrance Hypnôse Homme and also Davidoffs “Cool Water”-man gets star appeal.

Josh Holloway, US-Actor from the series “Lost” (Monday at Pro7) gives the promotinal icon a new face and a new figure. “Hot Day, Cool Water” is the new script of the spot which the well-known fashion photographer and puplicity shooter Michel Comte staged in April in Hawaii.

The story: Like a heavy curtain the midday heat bear on a small coast. Nobody moves – but only one man. He walks like a force of nature along the street to the strand. A woman stretches her head out of the shadow, stretch herself towards him and the sunlight over the area of the veranda.

The admiring looks of the beauty, which at the sight of the man the strap of her top slip of her right shoulder, takes he only casual. Arriving at the strand the hero looks in the sun and hold his forearm over his eyes to cover them up. Pretty cool what Josh Holloway performs. Just Cool Water.

Josh Holloway says, “The ‘Cool Water’-man isn’t for me someone who tries to be cool. He is someone who feels good in his maleness.”
For 20 years revolutionize Davidoff the image of men perfume in the advertisement. The producer assign the first time the spot with a well-known person.

Francoise Mariez, vice president of Davidoff in Europe gave reasons for the decision to engage the series star, “Josh Holloway is strong, authentic and has a cool personality” and as “an ideal for maleness and a strong personality to represent the values of Davidoffs Cool Water.”

For the 37 year old Californian is the label of the ad outside North America nothing new. Back then he worked for several labels as a model.

Holloway is best known for his role as James “Sawyer” Ford in the TV series “Lost” for which he had to train his Southern accent – although it effort a lot to take it off.
I can't wait till next months when you'll see those ads everywhere with him!