View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
captnerin
Dedicated Fan

thanks for the podcast. listening to my first and last podcast. lols.

someone posted this from the mc boards.

Quote:
Insider: 'Girls' dumped ET actor from finale

By TERRY MORROW, morrow2@knews.com
May 11, 2007

Don't tell me the reason that you're calling
Is to see if I'm all right since you've been gone
'Cause I know you, and I know why we're talking
You're wanting me to say I'm barely hanging on
Well, maybe that was true for a night or two
But now, I got better things to do
-- "Better Things to Do," Terri Clark

* GIRLS, GIRLS GIRLS. "With this kind of career, you never know what's going to happen," actor Matt Czuchry of Johnson City told the Insider in January. Well, now he knows.

Matty's days as Logan on "Gilmore Girls" on the CW are over. The family drama will air its series finale on Tuesday, and he won't be part of it, according to unconfirmed reports. Not being in the finale is an unceremonious goodbye for Matty, who has been on "Gilmore" for three seasons.

Logan's last scenes were in this week's episode, in which he asked his girlfriend, Rory (Alexis Bledel), to marry him and she turned him down.

So what happened with Matt and "Gilmore"? Well, the Insider would like to know, too. For almost a week, the Insider made repeated attempts to reach Matty by phone for comment, but the actor wasn't returning calls -- at least not by deadline.

On the Internet, fans were not pleased that he and his character were dumped so quickly.

"His absence in this season (series) finale upsets me," a fan named Julie posted on buddyTV.com.

On the same Web site, fan Sue wrote: "How can they not have Matt Czuchry in the finale? That is just crazy. ... I only hope that 1: They filmed an alternate finale ending. 2: Matt Czuchry will be back in an 8th season. He's the sole reason we kept watching after season 4. And they have totally underused him this year already. What are they doing to this show? Very upsetting!"

Another Web site, matt-czuchry.com, has closed, with a note from the former webmaster explaining she was "over running this fan site."

Matty can't be all that surprised that Logan was brushed off. In January during a chat with the Insider, he speculated that Logan might be on shaky ground if the series was going to end once and for all.

At the beginning of this season, Logan was sent packing to London and was seen only in brief scenes of telephone conversations with Rory. It doesn't bode well when your character is given that kind of long-distance relationship.

Apparently he knew the writing was on the wall. Just weeks ago, he shot a pilot for a series called "Gravity." The drama, in which he would star, focuses on the career of a first-year Los Angeles police officer.

According to futoncritic.com, the CW is eyeing "Gravity" as a possible midseason series for 2008.

The Web site also reported that the series "chronicles, in a cinema verite style, the daily lives of a sexy ensemble of rookie cops and their training officers in Los Angeles."

Obviously, Matty did "Gravity" with the idea that his "Gilmore" days might be numbered.

Outside of acting, Matty is eyeing a writing project. He's co-writing a feature-film script, though it's too early to tell if anything will come of that.

He told TV.com that he has ambitions to direct, too. "It's a completely different way of thinking, whether it be writing or directing or acting, and yet they're kinda all tied together," he is quoted as saying.

"It's definitely a different skill set, and there are different things you have to apply when working in those different areas. So I still have a lot left to learn in all three of those areas, but they are something I am working towards and just love learning about all those different areas."

Whisperings

* BACK ON THE BEAT. Oak Ridge native Mitch Rouse, who can be seen as Ryan each week on ABC's "According to Jim," turns up on the season finale of Comedy Central's "Reno 911!" He has a connection to officer Trudy Wiegel (Kerry Kenny-Silver) and her baby.

"Reno 911!," which also co-stars former Farragut resident Ben Garant, airs at 10:30 p.m. Sunday.

* WORDS TO LIVE BY. "OK. This is a big pain, and I'd really like it to go away, please." -- Chelsea Brummet (as young Lorelai Gilmore), "Gilmore Girls"
knoxnews

there's also a promo pic from season 5 of rory/logan with the following caption: Better days: Alexis Bledel and Matt Czuchry played opposite each other on "Gilmore Girls" before her character, Rory, gave his character, Logan, the brush-off.

avi: thanks to JessBender!

Last edited by captnerin; 05-11-2007 at 01:41 PM