View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Liz01
Master Fan

Bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote:
While the movie isn't horrible (the action scenes and good acting--thank you James Franco--save the film), it was still very disappointing. Of course, this is all from the perspective of a fan who used to read some of the comics way back when.
I agree. I think most fans of the comics are dissappointed in this. Granted I could be overgeneralizing, but that's what I've seen.

Quote:
First of all, the symbiote's hold on Peter was highly overexaggerated in the silly way and vastly overlooked in the evil way. Wearing eyeliner and parting hair differently doesn't make a dark Peter/Spider-Man, just a silly one. Raimi got the second Peter/Harry fight right with Peter redirecting the bomb over to Harry, but that's just about it. And Peter dancing/thrusting/whatevering down the street was just unnecessary. As far as I remember, dark Peter didn't quite act so stupid.
The Harry/Peter storyline should've been handled so differently. It had way more emotion to it than what we saw. This movie just did all the villains half-ast, especially Venom. You couldn't even feel or understand why he hated Peter. He just did.

Quote:
the ending was a WTF moment.
Totally! Peter hated the guy for killing his uncle. Personally, I hated how they humanized him in the end and Peter forgave him. And yes they completely changed the writing of the first movie for this weird plot.

Quote:
Venom itself could've made an entire movie, and here it was presented in like 20 minutes towards the end of the movie. But great job by the special effects people with their presentation of Venom on the screen.
I had so many expectations for Venom, and while he did look great, he wasn't in it long enough. He should've been the main storyline of this movie.

Quote:
There are other issues--the symbiote coming from a falling meteor (just where did that come from?), Brock's tiny physical stature, how Brock started hating Spider-Man to begin with, etc.--that can easily be overlooked for the sake of the movie. With that said, there are still far too many blatant errors in this film for me to truly enjoy it. It's just an unfaithful action flick that--as someone else mentioned earlier--rivals X-Men: The Last Stand.
I can't add more to this except ITA.

I hope this is the last one, but apparently the studio wants a 4, 5 and 6. Or so I read.