View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 03:27 PM
mrrecord
New Fan

Alexis in "I'm Reed Fish": Out on DVD NOW!

I'm Reed Fish

Small-town radio personality Reed Fish's (Jay Baruchel) life is thrown into an uproar when his high school sweetheart returns home in this quirky comedy. A big fish in the little pond of Mud Meadows, Reed has it all: He hosts a radio show with the mayor (Katey Sagal), and he's about to marry the town beauty (Alexis Bledel). But when aspiring singer and ex-flame Jill (Schuyler Fisk) reappears, he makes some choices that throw his life into chaos.

You can watch the trailer here in this here. And you can find the movies MySpace here.

Banner by ordinary

Genre: Comedy/Romance/Drama
Directed by Zackary Adler
Written by Reed Fish
Produced by Peter Alwazzan
and Akiva Goldsman

"refreshing coming-of-age comedy"

Starring:
Alexis Bledel as Kate Peterson
DJ Qualls as Andrew
Jay Baruchel as Reed Fish
Tommy Dewey as Rex
Chris Parnell as Ralph
Schuyler Fisk as Jill Cavanaugh
Victor Rasuk as Frank Cortez
Katey Sagal as Maureen
A.J. Cook as Theresa
Shiri Appleby

The movie was filmed in Big Bear, California. Filming ended July 3rd.

"sweet, clever script"

caps by anettbianka

Alexis talks about I'm Reed Fish:
With a starring role in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," a scene-stealing performance in "Sin City," and the sixth season of "Gilmore Girls" about to hit the airwaves, 23-year-old Alexis Bledel is making a name for herself in Hollywood.

But she isn't above taking on some heavier lifting in lower-budgeted projects. "I just finished an independent one called 'I'm Reed Fish,' " she said. "It was really fun to shoot. We had a young group, and it was a really great time."

The drama, which also stars "Lords of Dogtown" breakout Victor Rasuk and "Hustle & Flow" actor DJ Qualls, focuses on a collection of eccentric small-town characters.

"It's basically about Reed Fish, he's the main character, he lives in a really small town, and it all has a 'Napoleon Dynamite' kind of feel to it. It's a super-small town, and he has to figure out what his situation is with the girls that he's dating. I play his fiancee; it's sort of a slice-of-life kind of thing."

After acting in several studio productions, Bledel said she leapt at the chance to reconnect with something more bare-bones. "It was nice; it's a fun change of pace. I've been looking to always do a lot of different things, so this was fun. [Independents] keep it interesting."

source

Last edited by madelen; 10-26-2008 at 09:58 AM