View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
jimbards
New Fan

Follow me here....

The island is REALLY a Purgatory where all characters must resolve issues that transpired in their lives before moving on to either Heaven or Hell. The OTHERS are more a symbolism of Peter at the Pearly Gates, with a twist. as they hold The Book (or files) with everyone's life history. They know who you are, what you have done, and what you need to do to receive your absolution to be able to move on. Eko received his absolution when he came to terms with the whole plotline of his brother and the plane wreck. Both Sawyer & Locke have gotten theirs now, so are they soon to go too, or do they serve another purpose that is not yet known? I REALLY don't believe we have seen the last of Michael or Walt. If we have learned anything, whether from the "survivors", the "Others", or ANYONE else, you cant seem to get away from the island, except in death, so I can't believe they just got on a boat and are gone. ESPECIALLY since Michael turned everyone in to get his son back and get escape from the island??? Too easy. His handing over the main characters to Ben should come back around to turn on him and Walt, as we know Ben is NOT a man of his word, and can't concieve him just releasing them like that. Claire, half Sister of Jack, unknowingly, Locke's Dad, being intertwined in both John's (of course) & Sawyer's (Holy Crap, Batman!!!) past, AND MANY MANY other coincidences, everyone in this group of strangers on a plane, for some reason, are ALL intertwined with each other in some way or another.

Last thought: Last night's ep... Best yet this season. Both Locke and Saywer are my favorite characters in the series, and was a treat to see the two of them hand in hand last night. For all of those who scoff Locke for making Sawyer kill his dad, suck it. If you have NO realization in what kind of character he is and what he IS and ISNT capable of, then maybe you really shouldnt be following at all. I know peoples favs are all gonna be different, but you dont have to LIKE a character to understand what he has been through and the kind of life he has had. In essence, in allowing Sawyer to do HIS "dirty" work, it was poetic justice for both. In the end, they BOTH got what they needed to find their piece-of-mind, and both walked away stronger than before. Plus it was a good building block for both Locke & Sawyer, and finally put them on the same page together. (Btw, WHY did she need the dynamite? does anyone know?) Instead of looking at the issue as Locke cant do it himself, look at it as a lateral action for BOTH men, which helped them BOTH get past the one thing that has haunted them all their lives. What would YOU tough-guy stone throwers have done if it were you? I hardly doubt it!!! Locke isnt a coward, he is just a man, like anyone else, that knows what his personal boundaries are. He KNOWS what he can and can't do, though everyone else tries to dictate it for him, including those that criticize his actions!!!!