Mag13
Passionate Fan

Probably I'm boring you.... New summary of 7.20:

Quote:
Episode 7.20: Lorelai? Lorelai?
Air date: 1 May 2007

Written by: David S. Rosenthal
Directed by: Bethany Rooney

- Teaser: Rory dreams she gets kicked out of class at Chilton.

- Black cap goes missing under mysterious circumstances. The blue hat returns. Lorelai notices happily that Luke is once again wearing the baseball cap she gave him,

Quote:
LUKE'S DINER
[Busy, Babette and Miss Patty are talking]

BABETTE: “My funny valentine” it doesn’t work, it’s April already. What about “Down with love” to open.
MISS PATTY: It’s too depressing.
BABETTE: It’s not depressing, it’s climatic.
MISS PATTY: People don’t listen to music for ?
BABETTE: What about “Weird Al”
MISS PATTY: Weird who?
LORELAI: Hi girls.
MICHEL: Lorelai.
BABETTE: Hi hon.
LORELAI: What’s with the whisper?
BABETTE: We’re saving our voices.
LORELAI: I think that ship has sailed.
MISS PATTY: Oh we’re debuting our cabaret act tonight at KC’s.
LORELAI: OH I thought Saturdays was karaoke night at KC’s.
BABETTE: It is so we went over there this morning to sign our selves up for the first 15 songs.
LORELAI: Well I’m sure the karaoke regulars will love that.
MISS PATTY: So what do you think Lorelai, to open with the show. Streisand or Porter?
LORELAI: You can not go wrong with either one.
MISS PATTY: You gonna be there right.
BABETTE: You gotta come hon, it’s gonna be [louder] fantastic… [quieter] Fantastic.

[Luke comes to the table]

LORELAI: Hey
[Lorelai notices something different about Luke]

LUKE: Okay her you go ladies. Little hot water for you Miss Patty and for you Babette a bowl of shredded wheat.
BABETTE: It’s for my throat, it give it a rougher quality, a husk sound sorta like Debbie Herry meets Eithal Herman.

[Lorelai is looking at Luke]

LUKE: What?
LORELAI: What?
LUKE: What?
LORELAI: Nothing.
LUKE: Okay.
LORELAI: I’m just getting some coffee.
LUKE: To go.
LORELAI: Yeah.
LUKE: Coming right up.

[Over at the counter Lorelai spots some stuff on the counter]

LORELAI: Oh you preparing for the big boat trip huh.
LUKE: Yeap.
LORELAI: Wow you want me just to talk in nautical terms till you go.
LUKE: No.
LORELAI: Eye, eye captain.
LUKE: Please don’t.
LORELAI: Shiver me timbers.
LUKE: Are you done.
LORELAI: All hands on deck. Now I’m done.
LUKE: Good.
LORELAI: So where you going?
LUKE: Ah we’re thinking of heading up the coast.
LORELAI: Oh up is good.
LUKE: Should be fine.
LORELAI: You’re really going on a boat trip, you sure that’s a good idea.
LUKE: What’s wring with a boat trip?
LORELAI: Well for starters you’re on a boat.
LUKE: So.
LORELAI: So, anything could go wrong, you’re on a boat in the middle of no where, haven’t you seen “Dead Calm” “Open Water” “Despute”.
LUKE: Okay first of all I did not purchase a U boat.
LORELAI: Titanic, surely you’ve seen Titanic!
LUKE: Aprils very excited about this.
LORELAI: Sure she is.
LUKE: Here’s your coffee.
LORELAI: Look instead of paying for this can I just give you some of my stage advice.
LUKE: I’d rather have the dollar.
LORELAI: April says she’s very excited.
LUKE: Very excited.
LORELAI: Yeah she says she’s very excited, but if I were you I would plan a couple of nights at a hotel so she can wash her hair and order room service. That’s what I would don.
LUKE: Okay.
LORELAI: Okay, and if you’re heading up the coast you have to spend as much time as possible on the southern coast of Maine.
LUKE: Yeah.
LORELAI: And you have to go to a place called Barnacle Billies.
LUKE: “Barnacle Billies”
LORELAI: The best lobster you have every had and you sit on the deck and never want to leave.
LUKE: Okay I’ll check it out.
LORELAI: [Smiling] For all that extra advice don’t I get a donut?

[Luke lifts the cover]

LORELAI: Thank you very much.
LUKE: Mu-mm
LORELAI: Bye Patty, bye Babette.
BABETTE AND MISS PATTY: [together singing] So long, farewell. I’ll be saying goodbye, goodbye.
- Rory didn't get her job offer which makes her very upset. With graduation looming, Rory is anxiety-ridden over her future, so Lorelai tries to cheer her up with a day of eating and shopping.

- Rory tanks a final.

Quote:
- Global 7:20 Promo

Rory: I … didn’t get the internship at the New York Times. (as seen in the CW promo)

Lorelai: What?

Scene: Fades to close up of Rory at her apartment reading the letter as she takes a deep sigh.

Promoguy: On the next Gilmore Girls, when Rory has a meltdown

Scene: Rory lying in her bed at the CS under the covers. She gives Lorelai, who is sitting on the bed beside her, pages of something.

Rory: [close up of Rory sitting on her bed and talking to Lorelai and very upset] It just sucks disappointing everyone.
- Then Lorelai invites Luke to join her and Rory in the evening for karaoke night at a local bar. Saturday night is karaoke night at "Caseys Tavern" , the local SH pub.

- After a few drinks, Lorelai takes the stage to sing a heartfelt number - Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You", a song iintended for Luke to hear. - She sings it to someone specific — and it's not Rory – but for Luke to express her love.

- The scene is not cheesy and that we will be very pleased. And that the seeming cheesiness of the song does NOT reflect the scene at all. - This scene shot last took the crew forever. 8 pages from morning till 11pm.

Quote:
- Scene: Lorelai, dressed in black, is on stage at the bar standing in front on a mike. She swings her arms out wide after her performance as the cheering crowd in the bar applauds. Fades to a close-up of Rory and Lane clapping and laughing.

Lorelai: [standing on stage in front of the mike and smiling at Rory] Happy graduation.

Scene: Close up Rory, who is touched, holding hand to chest with eyes closed. She opens her eyes and smiles at Lane then turns back to face the stage still smiling.

I can't find Luke in that group shot. I see Kirk, Lulu, Gypsy, it looks like Morey.
- Logan gets a job offer in NY ( I think?)

- Later Logan returns from a business trip to California and comes to see Lorelai to discuss his future with Rory.

- In ep. 20, Lane and Zach take the twins on a tour of SH. Rory and Lorelai have some sort of sad time where they drown their sorrows, and Rory talks to Logan.

- The Doll House is back, and completely redone in the CS, to the right of the TV, which is still there.

- Night scenes, and Lorelai was not in any of them. Though, Luke and April, as well as Babbette, were ched. to come in. Vanessa is in episode 20 but it's for a Luke/April phone call scene.

- The table at the Gilmore mansion was set of Friday night dinner, with blue flowers in the middle.

- Luke's or rather Kirk's boat across the street from Sookies house.

- Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Liza Weil, Sean Gunn, Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann also star.

Last edited by Mag13; 04-30-2007 at 02:28 PM