View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 04:42 AM
colorblind
Elite Fan

Round 2
Vote for the one you like the LEAST, you have one vote per round. The first with 5 votes will be voted off

EMILY: He’s almost asleep.
LORELAI: Good.
EMILY: Where’s Rory?
LORELAI: I sent her home with Luke.
EMILY: What about you?
LORELAI: I thought I’d stick around in case anybody needed anything.
EMILY: Really?
LORELAI: I mean not you. You obviously don’t need anything, but somebody somewhere in this hospital might at some point need something and I’m gonna be the person who gets it for them.
EMILY: Would you like to go down to the cafeteria for something to eat?
LORELAI: Yes. Maybe somebody in the cafeteria will need something.
EMILY: Oh dear.
LORELAI: And won’t they feel lucky when they see me. ‘Hey I needed something and there you were’, it’s going to be a great moment.

EMILY: What was Luke doing at your house?
LORELAI: Oh, look, there's no ice. I'll get some.
EMILY: I asked you a question.
LORELAI: He was helping me find the bird, Mom.
EMILY: Really?
LORELAI: Yes, really.
EMILY: And how did he know that the bird was missing? What, was he strolling by your house and he heard your plaintive cries for help?
LORELAI: Mom.
EMILY: Or the helpless cheep of a chick in trouble?
LORELAI: I called him, Mom. OK? I called him and asked him to come over and
help me look for the bird. OK?
EMILY: It seems like this man is always around when you're in trouble.
LORELAI: He's a good friend.
EMILY: Oh, please.
LORELAI: Do we have to discuss this?
EMILY Lorelai, I'm getting a little tired of being lied to.
LORELAI: Apparently we do.
EMILY: This man was at Rory's birthday party, he came to the hospital with you, he's the male lead in every story you tell, you go to the diner every single day. I've seen the way he looks at you, the way you look at him. I'm not a fool.
LORELAI: Mom, please.
EMILY: Why do you treat me like I don't have a clue in the world as to what is going on in your life? Now I'm asking you, as a favor, if you have any respect for me at all as your mother, just tell me. Do you have feelings for this man?
LORELAI: I don't know. Maybe I do. I haven't given it much thought. Maybe I do.
EMILY: Thank you. I'm glad you were finally honest with me. Now we can discuss what on earth you could possibly be thinking. Don't forget the ice.

LORELAI: Hey Mom, I can hear you now. What’s up?
EMILY: You have to take your father.
LORELAI: What?
EMILY: Tomorrow, for the whole day, just take him.
LORELAI: Take him where?
EMILY: I don't care -- the zoo, the mall, Rhode Island, just get him out of my house!
LORELAI: What happened?
EMILY: He's going to join my water aerobics class.
LORELAI: What?
EMILY: He bought some new swim trunks today. He's out of control.
LORELAI: Okay, Mom, calm down.
EMILY: I can't calm down! I can't turn around without him being there, following me, staring at me.
LORELAI: Well, he likes you.
EMILY: Don't be cute, do not be cute. The man is driving me insane. I am going to go insane, and if you don't help me, I will take you with me.

LORELAI: Sorry about the whole Peyton thing. When I asked you for his number, I didn’t think. . .
EMILY: Think about what?
LORELAI: Think about what would happen if things didn’t work out with us. I mean, I know his mom is your friend, and I shouldn’t have even gotten mixed up in this whole thing if I wasn’t prepared to remember that what I do will affect you, and to me it’s just a Bowie concert, but to you, it’s not. I was a little thoughtless and I’m sorry, but you have to understand that I was not lying when I said we had a bad time. We had a really, really, really, really, really bad time. I swear, it was one of the worst times I’ve ever had, it was awful. Do you remember skiing with the Danners and their Dobermans?
EMILY: Oh, God, yes.
LORELAI: This was worse. And, by the way, not just for me – it was pretty bad for him, too. It wasn’t like he was in love and I was miserable. We were both in pain – deep pain, Marathon Man kind of pain. But despite all of this horrible pain that we were both in, and would be in again if we had to spend one more second together, if you really want me to, I will go to the Bowie concert with him.
EMILY: Well, your saying that means a lot.
LORELAI: Hm.
EMILY: Thank you, Lorelai. Borrow Rory’s sweater when you go. [leaves room]
LORELAI: [sings] Ground control to Major Tom. . .

LORELAI: You know, it's so weird. I know so little about Gran. I mean, like, what was her maiden name?
EMILY: Gilmore.
LORELAI: No, no, her maiden name.
EMILY: Gilmore.
LORELAI: Wait. Y-you're not saying -
EMILY: She and Charles were second cousins.
LORELAI: Ew! What?!
EMILY: Oh, don't act so scandalized. It was not at all uncommon for prominent families to keep the bloodlines closed.
LORELAI: Keeping the bloodlines closed. Is that what we're calling it?
EMILY: Well, what would you call it?
LORELAI: Oh, I don't know. How about "Good morning, Appalachia, I got a mighty cute sister and an extra set of toes."
EMILY: No one has any extra toes.
LORELAI: I have a double-jointed thumb.
EMILY: Remarkable. Use it to hand me some more papers, please.

voted off

LORELAI: Okay, mom, where are all the people?
EMILY: What people?
LORELAI: Well Dad made it seem like you were surrounded by a small army you know, enough people to care for you, then go topple Saddam's statue.
EMILY: They're all gone.
LORELAI: Gone where?
EMILY: To hell, I hope, one person more incompetent than the rest.
LORELAI: But all of them? The nurse?
EMILY: They'll do a "60 minutes" on that woman one day. Mark my words!
LORELAI: Uh, housekeepers?
EMILY: Ate everything that wasn't nailed down.
LORELAI: The errand boys?
EMILY: Their pants hung down below their underwear, and no one was worse than the driver he got me. Have you ever met the cab drivers in Prague?
LORELAI: Uh, no.
EMILY: Well, they would hide their wallets from this man. Plus I think he had a gun in his pocket.
LORELAI: Maybe he was just happy to see you.

EMILY: "Question – Why has your mother dismissed maids in the past?"
LORELAI: Mom.
EMILY: "Answer – Different reasons."
LORELAI: Well, that’s true, right?
EMILY: "Can you expand on that? Answer – Gee, how much time do you have?"
LORELAI: Okay, see –
EMILY: "I mean, if you guys have a lunch or an afternoon squash game or something. . .you look like the kind of guys who play squash. And hey, why's it called squash? Is it something to do with the fruit? Or vegetable, right? A squash is a vegetable, though if you ask me, it's gross no matter what you call it. Well, anyway, what I'm saying is you might want to clear your afternoon."

EMILY: Oh, stop it and sit down. I want to talk to you about something. I just found out that Sookie is pregnant.
LORELAI: Uh huh. Don't look at me, I had nothing to do with it.
EMILY: May I ask why you didn't bother to tell me?
LORELAI: Uh, well. . .
EMILY: Lorelai, your not telling me about Sookie is unforgivable.
LORELAI: Why, it's not like you're such good friends.
EMILY: I went to her wedding.
LORELAI: So did Kirk.
EMILY: I haven't sent her a gift, Lorelai. How does that make me look?
LORELAI: Like you hate her and all childbearing women.

LORELAI: Absolutely. "Moveon-dot-Org."
EMILY: I think it's time for me to date.
LORELAI: [chokes on her drink] Oh, my God!
EMILY: I want to go on a date.
LORELAI: With... a man?
EMILY: No, a weasel. Of course with a man!
LORELAI: [tries to cover her ear with a free hand] I'm not hearing this.
EMILY: Why shouldn't I date? I'm still a viable commodity.
LORELAI: I need a paper towel and a valium, please.
EMILY: There are plenty of men at the club who, in the past, have made their interests in me known. I just need to figure out how to reciprocate their feelings. You have a lot of experience with men. How do you let them know that you're available?
LORELAI: Well, one of those bench ads usually does the trick.
EMILY: Lorelai, stop it. I need help here. It's been years since I did this, and I don't remember the proper procedure. Now, take me through this step by step. You see a man, you walk up to him, and you say...
LORELAI: Hello.
EMILY: Is that too forward?
LORELAI: No, it's the appropriate way to indicate you're open to a social engagement. Unless, however, you are approaching a weasel. Then I believe the proper signal is just to offer him your hindquarters.

my vote 4