Loyal Fan

last week's podcast

TV GUIDE PODCAST APRIL 13, 2007

DM = Daniel Manu
MA = Michael Ausiello
AC = Angel Cohn
MMcD = Maitland McDonagh

START 13.19

DM: You know, it feels like it’s been three years since a new episode of Gilmore Girls has come out, and yet still getting mail about it. This week no different. Interesting letter from Kevin, who says he’s kinda happy that Rory and Logan are allegedly gonna break up later this season.
AC: I thought we decided last week that we were gonna, like, withhold judgement until we saw it.
DM: No, he’s happy—he’s not talking about the break up, he’s just doesn’t think that Rory and Logan should ever been together. He says Rory’s always represented this strong, intelligent and independent woman; Logan comes in the scene and doesn’t have much to offer except money and selfish behaviour.
AC: Has he looked at him?
DM: “I kind of understand the allure of grand gestures like flying home from London unexpectedly, but come on, if not his family money, what does he have to give her?”
AC: Has he looked at him?
DM: “PS: every time he calls her ‘Ace’ it’s like nails on a chalkboard for me.” Mike, you’re a fan, what---
MA: What do you want me to say more than I have already said about this?
DM: Comment. Comment, Mike.
MA: Well, I don’t know how--- I’m gonna see how it plays out. I don’t like ---
DM: --- you think they’re a good couple.
MA: Well I liked them initially; I have to say that they became less interesting as time went on.
DM: Bring back Tristan.
AC: Tristan?! Isn’t he on One Tree Hill now?
DM: Yes, he is.
AC: Isn’t he a little busy?
DM: Yes, he is. Isn’t he British, on Gilmore Girls? I can’t remember. There’s like so---
AC: There’s a cute---
MA: Chad Michael Murray had a British accent?
DM: Was he British? Was Tristan British?
AC: No, he’s just rich.
DM: I might confuse him with Charlie Hooden (???) that other guy who sort of looks like---
AC: Charlie--- yeah, no. Tristan was just rich, and had that sort of wealthy air of aristocracy about him.
DM: And Mike, you wrote about Gilmore in your Ask Ausiello column this week and you got some passion responses. Dan from Illinois says “Mike reported in his column that the Gilmore Girls finale could serve as either a season finale or a series finale. How can that be? I want totally different things from a series finale than I want from a season finale. The best series finale -Felicity, Everwood etcetera- provide closure and a glimpse into the future, whereas a season finale leaves you hanging a little bit more.” Well, I mean they’re gonna have to take what they get, though.
MA: They’re gonna have to take what they get and actually I just found out what happens in the final scene.
DM: Of the season?
MA: Or possible series.
DM: And it’s not those magic words we’ve been hearing about for so many years now, is it?
MA: Uh, I’ll have more information about that in the coming week.
DM: Ooohhhhh.
MMcD: You’re such a tease.
MA: I am a tease.
DM: And Kate---
AC: Show more cleavage while you’re at it.
DM: And Katie just wanted to get some clarity. “You said things are ‘looking up’ regarding Gilmore Girls coming back. Is your definition of ‘looking back’”—her quotes—“the same as to the devoted true fans of Gilmores. Or are you just messing with us?” Why use both definitions it’s coming back or it’s not coming back, right?
MA: Right, but I thought some people might be confused because people who feel like the show should end this year, which cons true look up as it’s gonna end, you know.
DM: Right. Good one.
MA: But then looking up, because I know most of the fans want it back.
DM: Right.
MA: And I was referring to that. I mean it’s looking more promising that it’ll have another season. I’m not saying it will, heck, five minutes from now I could find out that it’s, you know, going away. I don’t know.
DM: Right.
MA: But it’s not looking as---
AC: Dyer.
MA: Yes, dyer, as it did a couple of weeks ago.

END 16.22

Errare humanum est.