View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 11:20 PM
coolove
Obsessed Fan

Fate of the North Shore Board - Please Read (Updated November 1st, 2004)

Hey guys. As you know North Shore is a fairly new board to Fan Forum. And after the recent seperation of the television category, there was some confusion as to if our board is under a trial run status. This is false. North Shore is a regular board but because it is new to the TV lineup it was placed in the new category.

All boards at Fan Forum go under official post counts during the months of April and October to determine their standing here at FF. Each board must have 100 or more posts a week to remain active or else the board will be removed. However, there are some boards that are exempt from this rule such as the SciFi/Fantasy, Soaps boards ect... All of FF will undergo evaluations in October and this means North Shore. I know the posting of this board has been very slow although it has been picking up within the last day or so. We need to continue posting as much as possible and bring new people (especially you lurkers). Last week an unofficial post count was conducted and North Shore had only 42 new posts. That's well below of what I would like to see. So don't be afraid to more post pics, start more discussions ect... and PM if you have any thread ideas or ways to bring in more traffic as well. We need to keep this board alive.

For future reference, all new television shows will be put into the television category in the new section whether or not they are new to the fall lineup (I.E. Arrested Development is not a new show but was put under the new section because it was a new board at FF). Television boards will be given a chance to run it's course here at Fan Forum. They will not be subject to the three month trial period.

A new rule has been applied to all message boards at Fan Forum. There are some boards on this site that haven't been posted on for days at a time, this is something that the adminstrators do not want to see. We want to remain a fairly active site. With this said, any message board that hasn't had a new post in 48 hours will be sent a warning. If posting does not improve then the board will be shut down immediately. I don't think our board will suffer this fate. There's always a post here everyday. But this is just a heads up to let you guys know what's going on. So as long as there's a new post everyday or every other day, we're in the clear.

Last edited by coolove; 11-02-2004 at 02:21 AM