View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Lady Deathstryke
New Fan

Re: Not a positive review... you've been warned

Quote:
Originally posted by bexter
...Peter's spidey powers were suddenly gone then back again with no explaination...
As other people have been saying, I thought the deal with that was that he was losing confidence and doubting himself, so his abilities were reflecting that, kinda. Like, you know, in "Bulletproof Monk" where he had to really believe the laws of gravity didn't exist before he could go flying up a wall. So once he believed he could really do it, he could...this is not very comic book-y, but for a movie, it makes sense.

Quote:
(slapping Peter? PLEASE. At least let the guy throw a punch!)
Actually, I kind of liked that. I thought it was very Shakespearean or something, you know? It had more effect that punching him, somehow.

I liked it about equal to or slightly more than the first. I love Alfred Molina, and I think he was a good choice because he didn't seem like your usual one-dimensional crazy-for-the-sake-of-it villian. And I liked how Peter was flawed, kind of. Makes him easier to identify with. MJ...I've just never liked her, she's too prissy for me, but she's all right.

Loved the cameo of Dr. Connors...hopefully there'll be more about him in the next movie. And the Hal Sparks cameo just made me squeal.