View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 12:35 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

Re: Long post--sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by bluestockinghp
[I guess the scene that got their attention is the trio hug, which I have to admit I have a lot of trouble explaining. Why does Hermione turn to Ron first for comfort after Buckbeak's execution? It doesn't make sense with the rest of the movie. The only answer I can think of is that Cuaron was determined to put in his homage to Y tu mama tambien and have a trio hug, even if it had to be forced. If he had Hermione embrace Harry first, there was no way it would have been credible for Ron to then rest his head on Hermione's shoulder. Ron has never initiated physical contact with Hermione; he would have just stood there while the other two comforted each other. But once Hermione reached out to Ron, it was at least a little believable that Harry would reach out to her as well. Although the whole scene still looked forced and awkward to me--a staged tableau rather than a realistic scene.
I said the exact same thing on another board about that scene, only with different words. I guess that wouldn't make it "exactly" the same, but it's the same idea. For that homage to work, Hermione had to be hugging Ron. Think about how good that makes Harry look. He's hugging Hermione while Ron won't even put an arm around her, and he's holding onto his rat. Which boy is smarter? Pretty girl or rat? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by dawnie@
where are you going?
The OC and the City of Angels. Southern California.

See y'all in a week. Keep posting like mad, just as long as someone cares to fill me in later.