Loyal Fan

TV GUIDE PODCAST FEBRUARY 23, 2007

DM = Daniel Manu
MA = Michael Ausiello
AC = Angel Cohn
MMcD = Maitland McDonagh

START 44.23

MA: Moving on?
DM: Yes, Mike, we got, uhm, you know, you weren’t here last week so we couldn’t ask you about all these Gilmore Girls questions people have.
AC: And it is a stack.
DM: Remind me, who is Mia on the show? Remind me who the hell that is?
MA: I don’t remember, but ---
AC: She’s one of the friends.
MA: No! Mia was from the first season, the one who raised Rory and Lorelai for a little while there
DM & AC: Ooohhh, right.
DM: When the hell did that happen?
MA: That was in the first season.
AC: There was some name of a friend on Veronica Mars, wasn’t she…?
DM: No, that was somebody else.
MA: I know who you’re talking about.
DM: That’s somebody else. Well, Craig wants to know ‘does Luke go to Mia’s wedding in episode 17?’
MA: No, he doesn’t. Move on, what’s the next question?
DM: Uhh---
AC: Why do we care?
DM: I don’t know; I thought Mia was like a major character.
MA: Kathy Baker from Picket Fences is playing Mia, though. She’s taking over the role.
DM: Oh, she wasn’t playing it in the first---
AC: Not that I remember…
DM: Yeah. Uhm, Nicole from Ohio wants to know if we think that ‘Gilmore Girls has lost it’s charm, probably due to Luke, he used to be mean and grouchy all the time, now he’s turning into a big softy. He’s even smiling a lot, he doesn’t even seem to have a lot of mean comments to say about, you know, people like Kirk and Taylor Doose.’
MA: What’s the question?
DM: Do we think that the show is losing something because Luke is too much of a nice guy now?
AC: I don’t know. My dad told me to call him when ---
MA: I don’t know what you want me to say to that. I thought that last weeks episode was really good; this week’s episode was kind of---
AC: I liked this week.
MA: This week was okay. I felt like it was searching for a purpose.
AC: It was all Gilmore. But---
MMcD: Searching for a purpose?
AC: I don’t know. Jokes.
DM: What’s going on with the Huntzberger dad and stuff? What’s going on there with Rory?
MA: Like the episode wasn’t about anything, you know, I don’t know. Last week, it was a, I felt it was a really well written Gilmore Girls.
DM: Well, a listener named Kate wants to know, Mike, if, if, you know, you’re getting a sense, like she is, is that Logan and Rory don’t really have a fully committed relationship.
MA: I’m getting just the opposite. It seems like, if anything the last couple of episodes they’re showing them like they’re stronger than ever.
DM: The whole Rory’s little speech to Logan the other week about the TA or the professor---
MA: Yeah.
DM: That was excruciating. Why is she telling him that? It just felt so over the top.
MA: Yeah, it did seem a little bit--- yeah. Like she shouldn’t have such a guilty conscious.
DM: Yeah, like ‘I walked by a guy on the street, lemme describe him to you.’
MA: It’s like, you know, Angel running home and saying ‘oh my god I had a, you know, Dan was wearing this really hot sweater today’.
MMcD: ‘Somebody made a joke about me sleeping with my boss.’
DM: [hyena laugh] Hi Steve.

END 46.30

Errare humanum est.