View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Mag13
Passionate Fan

Once again...
A though about Luke-Lorelai-April storyline, seeing it from Luke's point of view. I think, Lorelai's "Luke Letter" definitively closed a chapter beginning at the moment, April appeared in Luke's diner. This started a slowly decomposition of the marriage-to-be plans. It was the point of departure to show that L&L weren't ready enough to be married at this moment, because of their fears. Now the L&L story came the full circle: Lorelai's letter saved custody over April. April as obstacle on their way to be together doesn't exist anymore.
And the second huge obstacle doesn't exist too: Christopher as permanent "wonderful possibility" in Lorelai's life.
Two chapters are closed; time to begin a new one!
Something from today's Zap2It:
Quote:
You know I've had my complaints about "Gilmore Girls" (Tuesday, WB, 8 p.m.) this season, but what I did like about last week's episode was the sentiment that Lorelai and Christopher's relationship had to be played out; that since he had always been a "wonderful possibility" in her mind, she had to marry him in order to realize she shouldn't be married to him. It's a kind of convoluted logic that actually works for me. I just wish that Christopher hadn't been so jerky along the way. If Lorelai could have come to this realization without Christopher acting like a petulant child, that would have been so much better. To learn about the campaign of fans who want an 8th season of the show, check out the Great 8 Mandate efforts of Gilmore Girls dot ORG : An Unofficial Fan Site. This week Lorelai has to break it to Emily and Richard that she's getting divorced.