View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
2ggObsessed
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread Mots.

My friend photocopied this and gave it to me this morning when I arrived at work. I’m not sure if anything is new to you. If it's not, I apologize for the repetition.

From the February 13, 2007 issue Soap Opera Weekly, page 36

Quote:
Gilmore Girls Retools For 2007

Like its tempestuous mother/daughter relationship, Gilmore Girls is looking to patch things up with fans.

“The first half of the season was a little rocky,” admitted Dawn Ostroff, president of Entertainment at The CW, to the Television Critics Association. “The second half of the season [which started Jan. 23] is much stronger. Viewers will be pleasantly surprised.”

Ostroff conceded the show suffered growing pains. “Gilmore Girls has been on the air for six or seven years,” she noted. “Any show that’s on for that period of time, creatively has its up and its downs.

“Clearly, with the loss of (creator) Amy Sherman-Palladino, we wanted to be able to maintain the quality of the show,” Ostroff noted. “David Rosenthal was one of her top lieutenants and actually hand-picked by Amy. He was sort of painted into a storyline by the end of last year – which he kind of got out of.

Is Ostroff confident enough to give the series another season? “I don’t think we’re ready to deal with that yet, because we’re four months into the sason,” she said. “It’s premature.” Stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (Lorelai and Rory) would have to sign new contracts, and both of them have burgeoning film careers. “We are talking to them,” Ostroff said.

If this is the final season, the show will be given enough notice to wrap up all the storylines. “We would like to [do that], when the time comes,” she concluded.

Gilmore Girls airs Tuesday at 8 p.m. on The CW.