View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Honestly ... I thought the finale had an interesting setup, but the conclusion was lame, and the very end with Jack was kind of pointless. The second to last episode was better.

Did anyone else get Master vibes from Bilis? I laughed when Owen found that grandfather clock, that's the form the Master's TARDIS would sometimes take. I'm sure it was intentional.

Overall, I thought the show definitely got better in the second half, but it's still missing a real direction and sense of purpose. For all the tough talk in the intro, I don't feel like Torchwood is the elite, professional, secret alien hunting champion of earth that they're supposed to be. They seem to spend most of their time fighting each other and causing more trouble than they solve, and far from being secret everyone seems to know about them and they seem happy to tell everybody who they are (except Gwen's boyfriend).

Apart from an overabundance of Weevils, there didn't really seem to be that many aliens about either. Why is all this alien activity focused on the rift anyway - they never needed a rift on Doctor Who for all kinds of aliens to be drawn to London.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote