View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:18 AM
caf123
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
Being a JJ fan and a Sophies fan, this was really a good season for me..
Lol.

Quote:
True, but I think it also lies with what has happened in season 6 and how is was dragged out a bit too long, while in Season 5 storylines were solved more quickly, but not too quickly.
You're right. It's not just the writing - ASP wrote season 6 too, and that dragged horribly, getting more and more sour and strange.

I think season 6 didn't feel as bad as this year does because we watched with more hope then, assuming there was a reason for what was happening.

But even the R/L reconciliaton in season 6 turned out to be contrived. Soapy bedside hospital reconciliation? puh-leese. Whether or not you felt an R/L reconciliation was organic, the way it happened was totally unsatisfying - as was the reset button that ended the Rory rift.

Eh, I digress. But season 5 is the last solidly good memory I have from what this show used to be.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.