View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Roswell 10/2/00
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen (View Post)
Hey Linds Welcome to the board! I'm happy to have you here with us.

And thanks so much for sharing that story. I've always thought she was pretty tall too, at least 5'7...

I think I've only read of one other fan encounter here before. Erin met her and took a pic with her in NY while Alexis was there for the Fish premiere.

I'm gonna merge this with the fan encounters thread.
Yes that was me who met Alexis Bedel at the after party at the bar called The Hideaway for her movie I'm Reed Fish at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival in NYC.

It was funny I saw her at one point during the after party talking on her cell phone and looked like she was in a fight with who ever she was talking to on the phone with. So she came inside and was right near me at the bar. She ordered a drink but didn't like it so she put it down on the bar and went out side to catch some air.

So my friend Stacie who is a huge Gilmore Girl fan took her drink and we all drank out if it and were saying "We are drinking out of Rory Gilmore's drink" It was pretty funny. Alexis ordered a Cap Coder in case you were wondering.

After wards we were outside getting ready to leave. I was saying my goodbyes to the producer Peter and his PA Heather for thanking them for inviting us. I really pulled my magic getting me and my friends into the after party. It was a wonderful time. So worth it.

So while I was saying my goodbyes I noticed Alexis talking to one of her co stars outside. I told my friends I would be right back and that I wanted to meet her and get a photo. My friends said to me good luck being they tried and said she was kind of stand offish and snobbish ot them and that it was hard to get individual photos let alone photos at all and that they were lucky they got a group shot with her.

I didn't listen to them and I went for it being they were getting ready to leave any minute and I knew this was my chance. Plus I have been a fan of hers since Gilmore Girls and I also wanted to have a photo to share with this board as well.

So I went up to Alexis. I think she was having a bad night from what I observed. I felt kind of bad for her. So I was really nice and gave her her space which I think she respected as she was talking to her fellow co star. I think she must have seen me talking to Peter and Heather before and assumed I was friends with the I'm Reed Fish cast because she was nice to me.

I told her how I loved her in the movie and I didn't mention Gilmore Girls at all which I think she was happy about. I asked her for a photo and she smiled and said "sure". We then took the photo. I think in a way I made her night. At least I hope so.

My friends were in shock when I told them I got a photo with her. I guess a little kindness goes a long way. It was great to meet Alexis. Over all I am not going to say anything bad about her because lets face it we are human and all have bad nights and she was very nice to me so what more could I ask for. Oh and Yes Alexis is very tall and skinny. But she looked great at the I'm Reed Fish Permier.

Over all it was a wonderful experince meeting her and showing my support for her film I'm Reed Fish. She was wonderful in it.

Here is the photo of Alexis and me

Over all it was a great experince. Hope you guys have more wonderful Alexis fan encounters to share and that yours was as nice as mine.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 05-07-2009 at 10:18 PM