View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
buffyannAlex

Tos, no problem, you can do that for sure.
I'm also disapointed but Numbers, I think most of his performance was cut. i don't know, this actor is just tremendously talented and I wish he could have more recognition.

Anyway, Michelle and Tos, I love both your take on his speeches.

The one in "There's a reaction" is very significant, for sure. He totally changed Andy's mind in there. I think he was trying to make Andy remember why he hide the truth from Ephram in the first place. To protect him from getting hurt.
He wanted to let Ephram grow without dealing with this. What Harold says is a total parallel to the speech Andy gave to Madison.
But I adore Harold's performance in this one, Like, in some way, his love for his daughter is just more important that the right thing to do.
I love he's talking about their love and how it's remarkable that they could be happy after everything that happened. Beautiful speech.

The one in Episode 20 is also fantastic. I think this is my favourite episode ever regarding a medical storyline. I think it was extremmely well written and heartbreaking. And this speech was beautiful because Harold let his "flaw" or weakness out in the open. Just beautiful.

One of my favourite speech is the one at Irv's funeral in Goodbye Love.
I don't know why this speech, maybe it's because this episode was amazing and we knew the show was ending but it kinda broke my heart. I think it's extremmely well written and beautiful and only Tom Amamdes could pull this off without sounding lame or cheesy.

Quote:
"Irv was amongst the rarest of mens, in both his integrity and his warmth. And those of us who knew him can count ourselves amongst the luckiest. Irv was above everything else a storyteller. So I thought it'd be appropriate to begin today's eulogy with my favorite story about Irv. (...)
I've been wrong many many time sin my life. But I've never been more wrong than in my estimation of Irv and Edna Harper's affectioon for each other. There was nothing temporary about it. The love that they shared was a living example of god's grace on this earth.
As for Irv himself. He called Everwood his home for long enough to change us all. But still, far too short of time. And so today we bid him farewell. With heavy heart and with weary souls. He was husband, father, grand father. Friend to us all. He will be missed. May he rest in piece."