View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
The Crow
Elite Fan

01) When did you first start watching Everwood?

I watched the show casually for the first 8 or so episodes, missing parts of some of them, but I eventually became irreversibly hooked during the reruns that showed in the Christmas hiatus.

02) What made you first start watching?

I actually noticed the title of the show because I'd just finished reading this book, Strangewood. I was hoping that Everwood was a creepy fantasy type show like Strangewood was, but I was disappointed that it wasn't. I liked Treat Williams though, so I caught most of the pilot.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?

The first season was just so well put together and excellently acted, that I'd have to go with that one. I liked every season for different reasons, but overall I can't think of anything better than season 1. Of course, that could be because it is the only one I have on DVD, so it is fresher in my mind.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:

1, 2, 3, 4

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?

Favorite main character: Bright. He was the character that had the most growth. He started as a cookie cutter, cardboard jock jerk, and ended up as one of the more interesting and multi-faceted characters on the show.

Favorite secondary character: Irv. I was heartbroken when they ended his narration, and I was doubly heartbroken when he died. Why couldn't it have been Amanda?

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?

Least favorite main character: Nina. I didn't mind her at first, but she just started grating on my nerves. The straw that broke my back was when she told Andy that she broke up with Jake at the airport. That was a very distorted way to see what actually happened.

Least favorite secondary character: Amanda. Her storyline was appalling, and I never really liked her character that much. I didn't see why Andy would have risked what he did to be with her.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:

Hmmm. I'd say the favorite storyline was the eventual reuniting of Amy and Ephram in season 2. After they'd moved so far apart, it was great to see how easily they could come back together. Plus, when Ephram found her in the seat next to his on the plane...it was one of the best moments on the show.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:

Hands down the Amanda/Andy storyline. It dropped Andy from my favorite character to one of my least favorite. Luckily he redeemed himself somewhat in season 4.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:

I likes me some Harold and Rose, but Ephram/Amy is my all time favorite couple on this show. Even with my momentary Jailbait diversion, at the end of the day I'm a Greenie. Andy and Linda come in third.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:

Andy/Amanda: Do I need to list the reasons this pairing disgusted me again? Amy/Tommy: I never saw any chemistry, and Tommy always seemed like he was more interested in corrupting Amy than loving her.
Andy/Nina: I just felt like this couple was being forced on me in the end. At first I wanted them together, but I didn't in the end.

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?

Whenever I can remember it is on.

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?

I liked the Madison/Ephram relationship, so I would have been interested in the triangle that would have resulted if she'd returned to Everwood, plus the repercussions between her and Andy. I'd liked to have seen Andy and Nina mesh their two families, and deal with the fallout of Sam missing Jake, who he'd grown quite attached to.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?

That they are, of course, idiots, and I'd ask if they wished they had a decent performer like Everwood in place of the recently cancelled Runaway.

14) Best looking actor?

I'd say Treat Williams.

15) Best looking actress?

Emily VanCamp, followed by Sara Lancaster.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale?

For the most part. I was still miffed that Jake and Nina were given the shaft, but I realize that most people were rooting for Andy/Nina.

17) Favorite episode of all time?

Episode 20, the abortion episode, has always been the most emotionally resonant and stellarly acted episodes of any television show.

18) Most talented actor?

I'd say Gregory Smith. He did amazing things with his role.

19) Most talented actress?

All of them had their moments, but Emily Van Camp is the one who most consistently wowed me. Her slow descent into oblivion during season 2 was one of the best acting jobs I've seen.

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?

I'd tell them that Everwood is all about the experience. It's about the excellent acting, the well crafted episodes, and the smartly written scripts. It's about watching the realistic interaction of a distinctly dysfunctional family, and the dysfunctionality of a distinctly 'American' family. It's about reaching amazing heights and experiencing the lowest lows. But most of all, it's about redemption and how everyone not only deserves it but can attain it.

Last edited by The Crow; 11-03-2006 at 07:30 AM
The Crow is offline   Reply With Quote