View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Camibra
Elite Fan

Torchwood Appreciation #1: Captain Jack's back and he's wearing black!

Torchwood is a spin off television series from Doctor Who. Torchwood was the name that the BBC put on the original New Doctor Who master tapes as they were couriered to the mixing studios so as to try to avoid them leaking onto the internet prematurely, Torchwood was Doctor Who's pseudonymn. Torchwood is an anagram of the words Doctor-Who. It stars Captain Jack Harkness which fans of the new Doctor Who will remember as the lovable bi-sexual American hero from season 27 of Doctor Who.

I noticed that this series has a LOT of similarities to the Buffy spin-off Angel. Firstly is the fact Torchwood is a spin off just as Angel was. Angel was a much darker programme than Buffy was, as is Torchwood. The intro scenes of Torchwood flying over the city in sped-up motion and slow-motion was very-much how Angel was directed. The 2nd episode of season 1 of Angel it had a demon that needed to have sex with humans to survive, but in doing so it killed them. That is the same sort of story in the 2nd episode of Torchwood season one, but it is an alien instead of a demon.

Has anyone here watched the first two episodes of Torchwood yet? Rachel perhaps? I liked the references that Jack put in at the end of the first episode, I was wondering how he got back from the space station after being brought back from the dead by Rose. Nice consequences there! Love how he referenced the doctor in a subtle way by not even saying THE doctor but he did say he was looking for a GOOD doctor.

Last edited by Camibra; 10-30-2006 at 04:07 AM
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote