Thread: Fan Encounters
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
EARLBNY
Master Fan

Here is my story of when I got to go to the TFF and see the world premier of I’m Reed Fish and meet Shiri Appleby.

I just got back from seeing the world premier of I’m Reed Fish at the 2006 Tribeca Film festival. First of all the movie was great. I highly recommend it. I will not give any thing away but if and when it officially comes out I definitely recommend all of you seeing it. It was very funny and very touching. You can watch the trailer at the following link. Reed Fish, etc.

Now on to the good stuff I MET SHIRI APPLEBY. Me and bunch of really nice and really cool Applesaucers went to the premier of I’m Reed Fish at the 2006 TFF. After I spent most of the day walking in circles I managed to find the theater thanks to Loretta’s help. I gave up on eating in hopes of catching a glimpse of Shiri. I waited by the red carpet for the cast to show up. As I stood there my heart began to beat at rapid speed and then in the corner of my eye I noticed Shiri standing there in all her amazing natural glory. I then pulled out my camera took a deep breath and began talking photos. Let me just say that Photos do not do her Justice. Shiri is just so naturally beautiful and very tiny. She was wearing this amazing black or brown dress that showed off her killer legs and topped it off with a pair of high heals. Her hair was half up and her skin was so milky soft.

Once we made it into the theater I noticed that Shiri was sitting right across from me and one row above. It is not everyday that you get to be in a movie theater with the actual cast from the movie you are about to see. During the movie I kept looking over at the cast to see there reaction to different scenes in the movie. During one scene in the movie DJ Qualls who was sitting directly across from me started to scream oh no. Everyone then started to scream as well before we all figured it out. I totally did not see that scene coming. Once you actually get a chance to see the movie you will understand what I am talking about.

After the movie was over they did a Q&A with cast and Director and writer of the film. Then I made my way down to the front of the theater to have my moment in the sun. After I got over the initial shock I felt like I was floating on air. After we exchanged hellos I told Shiri that thanks to her I will never look at tissues the same ever again. Once you see the movie When Do We Eat? You will understand that joke. It totally made her laugh hysterically. I then got not one but two autographs and a photo with my arm around her and a KISS on the check. I almost passed out at that point. I am still surprised I managed to actually speak a full complete sentence without stuttering or making a complete fool of myself and manage to make her laugh. As for the rest of the cast Jay Baruchel, Alexis Bledel, Schuyler Fisk, Victor, Rasuk and A.J. Cook were also there. I also saw Nikki Reed who is not in the movie there as well. She got the $20 Nachos. That is what she called them. As for my celebrity encounters talk about one stop shopping. I will post my photos ASAP. I took a bunch of photos however I managed too get two amazing head shots. One of them completely captures her laugh.

I forgot to mention that when we first went over to talk to Shiri we handed her some flowers and a card. After she finished smiling from ear to ear she thanked us from the bottom of her heart. She truly appreciates each and every one of her fans and it shows.

This was hands down the greatest day/night of my entire life. Thanks to the Applesaucers and especially Shiri for making this day/night one that I will never forget. Shiri was everything I dreamed shed be and more. Just incase I forgot to mention this Shiri is the most down to earth and sweetest and kind and naturally beautiful women I have ever met. She was the complete opposite of what I expected a celebrity to be like. I guess that just goes to show you that like Shiri says she does not consider herself to be a celebrity and it shows. She seemed just as excited to meet us as we were to meet her. She is also very petite. Especially considering she was wearing high heels which made her the same height as me And I am a shorty coming in at 5’5.

So that concludes my 2006 TFF I hope you all enjoyed reading it.

P.S. Photo's are on the way.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels

Last edited by EARLBNY; 10-12-2006 at 04:28 PM
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote