View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 09:44 AM
*~World on Fire~*
Loyal Fan

Heather, I totally agree with you on these points that you made:

Quote:
Season 1 came up with originality in the different forms of evil it presented but the ending seasons kept using the same storylines over and over (the source, the triad, genies, magic school, demon figures cloaked in black and all the fairytale rubbish).
and
Quote:
The recent seasons mostly presented the fighting of evil in the manor, the underworld, or magic school!
I did really get tired of just suave looking demons in black suits (I liked all of the Source storylines though) and I got so tired of magic school! It made the show too Harry Potter to me, instead of the wiccan origins and other storyoines pursued in the first couple of seasons. So you are right when you say that season 1 offered different forms of evil and places to vanquish it. Which in turn made the so more interesting because of the tension and problems it created between Andy and Prue and Darryl and Andy.

I also was shocked and appalled that Andy was killed off in the season finale. And I agree that overall he was a barely used and poorly executed character. They had so much they could have worked with, his chemistry with Shannen, their past relationship Prue/Andy, their new relationship, being a cop working with witches (which eventually Darryl had to do), he had the potential to be a wonderful addition to the show for years. Plus Prue and Andy are still my favorite couple on Charmed, along with Phoebe and Cole. I wish they would have kept him on the show, because Prue never had another match as perfect as this first one.

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.