View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Emily
Master Fan

Episode Discussion- 112 'Oh come all ye faithful'

The Season One Finale!

Oh Come All Ye Faithful
written by Michael Patrick King and Directed by Matthew Harrison

Are relationships the religion of the nineties?

Carrie breaks up with Mr.Big, deciding to have faith in herself; Miranda breaks up with Catholic guy, who must shower after sex, Samantha falls in love with James, a perfect man except for one small thing; ever fortune teller in the city tells Charlotte she will not marry.

Kim Cattrall: Michael Patrick King took the story line of Samantha meeting James at a jazz club from my life. My husband, Mark and I met at a jazz club, and almost verbatim what we said to each other that night is in the scene. The unfortunate thing- or the fortunate thing- is that comedy is based on conflict. The conflict of courese was that James was terrific in so many ways but in bed he wasn't. When we shot the scene where Samantha says, 'His d*** is like a gherkin!' the boom man laughed so hard he dropped the boom. He was so apologetic. He said, "In my thisrty odd years of doing this, I have never ruined a take." I thought that was the greatest compliment, that this hard bitten crew member was really enjoying what we were doing.

Post your thought on the season one finale!