View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 08:17 AM
newmom5497
Dedicated Fan

I had mixed feelings about it ending. On one hand, of course, I was very sad....especially considering I only started watching the show last April, during Spring-break, in reruns on TBS. So, I was sort of bummed that just when I started getting into a tv show(I don't watch alot of tv), it goes off the air.

On the other hand, Season 6 was so abysmal, that the thought of a Season 7 with the same writing/storylines really was not that appealing and sort of sad(even though I never watched it, I imagine it was sort of like Beverly Hills 90210 when they all got so old and were still in high school). I think ALOT of the "magic" of Dawson's Creek was that it was about the pain of growing up, and the special bond between childhood/teenage friends. Also, one of the things I loved about the show was the scenery...the Creek itself. And both of those things obviously had disappeared by Season 5 because they all went away to college and they entered their 20's.

However...another thing that always drew me into the show was Dawson's dream of becoming a director, so maybe if they had done more with that I would have stayed interested.

But overall...I think the actors by that time had had it....especially James. And him being the "title" character, I really think that if his heart was not in it, or if he left, the show would not have survived anyway. I know many of you would argue that the show had become much more about Joey by Season 5/6...and that the Pacey, Jen characters could have carried the show....but I just think it would have been dumb to continue with "Dawson's Creek" without Dawson. They could have re-cast James I guess, but I hate it when shows do that.