View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 07:47 AM
*~CaliJunkie~*
Total Fan

I found this article on the TWOP forums.
STLtoday.com Blogs � Blog Archive � A Gilmore guy on the loose in St. Louis
Quote:
On “Gilmore Girls,” he plays smooth Logan Huntzberger, Rory Gilmore’s richie-rich boyfriend. But in real life, Matt Czuchry is just a regular guy who might find himself, say, lost in the rain somewhere in south St. Louis on New Year’s Eve with no idea how to get back to his buddy’s house.

Czuchry told that story when introduced at a CW network party by co-star Scott Patterson (Luke Dane). Patterson, a former ballplayer, once spent a couple of happy days in St. Louis as a guest of KPLR (Channel 11) and regaled Czuchry with tales of throwing out the first pitch at a Cardinals game, meeting Tony LaRussa and Stan Musial and having a great burger at Harry’s with a certain Post-Dispatch TV critic.

“I love St. Louis,” Czuchry said, expressing hope that someday he, too, would make it to a Cardinals game. In fact, he added, he spent New Year’s in our town three years ago, visiting his good friend Casey Van
Valkenburg (he wrote that in my notebook to make sure I got the spelling right). Matt and Casey met as freshmen at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, played NCAA tennis together and have been pals ever since. Van Valkenburg, a Chaminade High School graduate, is now a lawyer in Clayton.

About New Year’s Eve – Czuchry still isn’t sure where he was all that time he was lost. When he finally got back to Van Valkenburg’s house, it turned out he’d only been 10 minutes away.

But if somebody — say, KPLR, home of both baseball and “Gilmore Girls”? — were to invite him to a Cardinals game, he’s pretty sure he could find Busch Stadium.

Its cool he likes the Cardinals!

Thanks for the pics