View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 09:59 PM
goodnightboy
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi159
I hear what you are saying, Lou. Just from browsing this board, it feels like it has been inundated by football (soccer) threads. If you aren’t the biggest fan of the sport, I can see why this would be annoying. However, I understand why this is the case right now, especially coming off the heels of the World Cup. Football is the most popular sport in the world, so it’s brought out a lot of fans to this board. This stuff will eventually die down like it always does. The same thing happens every four years with the Olympics and individual athlete threads.
I'm a fan of the sport, and actually I've been surprised by how little posters there are at the general football/soccer thread (pre-WC, of course). So I was really surprised by how many threads there are now devoted to the sport. It's because of the WC, really. And in a month's time I expect some of the threads to be pretty much dead I do hope that the general football/soccer thread gets more posters now though. Having three people on it is boring

My team - Arsenal. Forever and ever.