View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 11:30 PM
louloucn
Extreme Fan

Episode Discussion: Episode #222 The Day is Done

I just had to add this cuz I can't find the thread anywhere...feel free to close this if I have missed it...I just had to discuss the season finale...

EPISODE DISCUSSION - Episode #222 The Day is Done

Monday , May 10 2004

EPHRAM MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN JULLIARD AND AMY - Ephram (Gregory Smith) is on cloud nine after being accepted into Julliard's summer program, but his emotions are sent into a tailspin when Amy shares her feelings for him and asks that he stay in Everwood for the summer. Meanwhile, Dr. Abbott's (Tom Amandes) family thinks he's gone off the deep end when he decides to open a bagel shop in response to losing his malpractice insurance, and Andy (Treat Williams) learns a shocking revelation about his family. Debra Mooney, John Beasley, Vivien Cardone, Chris Pratt and Stephanie Niznik also star. Marita Grabiak directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Patrick Sean Smith.

Here's my commentary on it -

I just had to post that the season finale this year has got to be one of my favourite episodes ever. I mean my heart was just a flutter seeing Ephram and Amy on the hill and then Amy on the plane...maybe cuz I'm such a big fan of Gregory/Emily, the chemistry was there, the way he looked at her and smiled without reservation when she told him that she was coming to NY with him...just beautiful...

This episode could have been the perfect episode if only they had included one thing: NINA! Yes, the ridiculous Madison storyline took up a lot of time so I could understand why she wasn't included but I missed her...I think Andy needed her esp. with the bombshell that Madison dropped on Andy...yes, we can all understand that how Andy decided to deal with the pregnancy was in the shades of grey but you can understand how he feels as a father, seeing his son's dreams just shatter if he knew...I felt bad that he blamed himself. As much as the pregnancy was not either Madison's or Ephram's fault, this whole thing could have been stopped if Madison just had the sense to stop it before it became something. She is an adult. An adult who was working for the Browns. She should have at least had the sense to stop working for them, despite Ephram's and Delia's pleas to stay before she started to date Ephram at least. Or better yet, not compromise her own position by getting involved with a 16 year old. Come on! She knew how fragile he is...the way he wears his heart on his sleeve...if she could have imagined this situation happening, would she have risked it? Ephram's still a boy...not even a man...he can't take care of himself, nonetheless a child...yes, I know a lot of people like Madison but if she REALLY wanted to be with him, she should have waited until he became a man...not done it in this way...letting Ephram decide that their relationship should have began...

Other than that, I think what thrilled me the MOST in the episode was the Bright/Delia moment...omg! I was just in awe...not only did Bright believe in soulmate for life concept but Delia basically "asked" him out...man, the summer will be interesting for them too...can you imagine all the little girls in her class being oh so jealous of Delia when they hear about her being at the movies with Bright? GO Delia!

Anyways, I'm glad that Ephram/Amy had their moment in the sun, their perfect summer before next season when the ***** hits the fan with the news of Madison being pregnant...I don't know what they will do then...

Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun