View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 10:42 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with everything you said, Jerry. You literally summed up my entire thoughts on the subject. I also saw a parallel between Nina and Joey but as you said, at least Joey's immaturity was an excuse for her. There is zero reasoning as to why Nina was acting so passive and at times, acting as if she lost some brain functioning due to being so numb and inactive with her thoughts and feelings.

I do believe with Nina, it all stemmed from Jake's addiction, recovery, and not wanting to leave him because she thought she made a promise to stick by him. Eh, whatever. I still don't buy it. She didn't have to be romantically linked to him to be there for him. And then there was Sam. I guess I buy why she wanted to try and make things for Sam, at least a little bit.

However, at the end of the day, Nina KNEW being with Jake did not feel right and I'm shocked she didn't realize on her own that in the end, no one was winning with her decision to let things go on. She wasn't happy because she wanted Andy, Andy certainly wasn't happy because he wanted Nina, it honestly wasn't fair to Jake to be lead to believe that he was the guy for Nina and as a result, that would have caused a severe thorn in their relationship which would have been harder on Sam whenever it finally came to be. Even Jake admitted that he was living in a sort of denial about it. I'm just stunned that Nina was willing to go along with this entire fake scenario.. For what??? It wasn't healthy for anyone involved. I'm still slightly confused about this.

I wish Nina would have been the one that spoke up and gave Jake that speech at the airport instead of the other way around. I mean, it shouldn't have even come to that airport scene in the first place but if it had to, Nina should have been the one to do the talking instead of sitting there, so passive. The other frustrating aspect of this is that Nina should have stayed broken up with Jake after finding out about his addiction. She DIDN'T need to reunite with him. That was "the time" to completely break off the romantic relationship. She could have still been there for him and they could have ended up being the best of friends instead. That's what should have taken place.

You're right on, Ashley, it was her entire attitude that bothered me.

However, after saying all of this, I still believe the proposal was absolutely fantastic and I am so happy that Andy/Nina ended up together. I know I would have been irked if they wouldn't have ended up together. The story dictated they would be and even if I somewhat disliked the short time leading up to their ultimate coming together, I am still glad they ended up together.