View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

I think that the only thing that disappointed me about the Series Finale was how passive and spineless Nina was (I thought I was watching Joey Potter on Dawson’s Creek instead of Nina ), and how Jake had to make up her mind for her and break up with her, much like Dawson had to do the same thing with Joey in True Love, but at least Joey could be excused somewhat because she was a 16 year old girl, while Nina was a grown woman who should have had a mind of her own. I can understand that maybe Nina felt a sense of obligation to Jake, (for what, I don’t know) and she knew that Sam loved him, but it seemed ridiculous that she would uproot her life and sell her home just to follow his selfish whim, and I lost a lot of respect for her for doing that. There comes a time when people have to stand up for themselves, but Nina never did that, and I don’t like the fact that if Jake hadn’t recognized the obvious and broken up with her, Nina would have been out of Andy’s life and been with someone who she didn’t love but who she didn’t have the will or the courage to break up with. Granted, I was still happy to see Andy propose to Nina and I was happy that she said yes, but her passive behavior not only in this episode, but throughout this year, took away from my elation that Andy and Nina were finally going to end up together.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy