View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 09:06 PM
dragonfire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

I like Cage's talent, but I don't like him as Superman. He just doesn't look right for the part. His face is too narrow and not square-jawed enough.

Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm not surprised that Burton was gonna do Death of Superman because everyone does that. But I don't know if he could do it right.

Doomsday sent by Brainiac? That's a departure. The Brainiac and Lex thing also seems like a stretch. I prefer they follow the storylines from the comics. And how could Brainiac cause Krypton's end? That's like having The Joker kill Bruce Wayne's parents.

Thanks, dragonfire.
Alex those reasons is why Burton cast Cage as Superman. Burton was casting Superman the same way he casted Batman. Outside of the box.

No problem. Well, at the time that would've been like the first time the storyline would've been used from the comic.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Brainiac was gonna send Doomsday to kill Superman because Brainiac couldn't take Earth as long as Superman was around.

Maybe but years later Lexiac did happened in the JL animated series. You know Burton wouldn't follow the comics or at least have it be carbon copy of the comics.

Well I could be wrong about that but same for Lexiac that did happened as well but in the Superman animated series, and it also happened in Smallville.

In Superman animated series Brainiac was created on Krypton, and he became like the leader over it. Think of him like Skynet so to speak.

When Jor-El kept telling them Krypton would end soon, and Brainiac kept telling them it wouldn't end soon, they believed him over Jor-El but in the end it turned out Brainac knew all along it would end soon, and he lied just to save himself, and right before Krypton ended both Brainiac, and baby Supes escaped, and of course ended up on Earth.

Honestly, I actually like having Brainiac being tied to Krypton's end because it makes Brainiac as a villain to Superman more personal. Same for The Joker being the one who killed Batman's parents.

I just prefer more personal stories over random ones.

No problem.

I hope everyone is ok.