View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 04:37 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think he's getting away without at least one conviction, but I'm pretty sure he'll get at least one murder charge. The rules for Murder 2 and Murder 3 are a bit confusing.

Quote:
Minnesota law originally defined third-degree murder solely as depraved-heart murder ("without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life"). In 1987, an additional drug-related provision ("without intent to cause death, proximately causing the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II") was added to the definition of third-degree murder.

Second degree murder is any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance.

Involuntary manslaughter is a killing that stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional or negligent act leading to death.