View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 08:39 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Jacob and Ruth (especially Jacob) were used to create drama and could be annoying, but I would have preferred seeing them from time-to-time over Madison’s mug in an irritating, lingering way. Jacob and Ruth were Ephram and Delia’s grandparents, Julia’s parents. It would have made sense seeing them occasionally. Madison came in to create instant drama and chaos. She was a short-term love interest for Ephram just like Tommy for Amy and Linda for Andy. Why on God’s green earth Berlanti decided to make Madison the exception and allow her to haunt the audience is the biggest mystery.
I'll never understand that either.

I checked out information on the actor who played Jacob, Mark Rydell, and he's had a long and distinguished career as an actor, a producer and a director. He also was an accomplished jazz pianist, so I'm sure that he did his own piano playing in this episode. The producers of Everwood really got top notch talent for this show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy

Last edited by jediwands; 03-15-2021 at 11:07 AM
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote