View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 11:03 AM
Mex
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
Isn't it also funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger and actually asked Dawson if he could make a move on Joey before trying anything but when he gets older he does the more immature thing by sneaking around and lying to his best friend lol. The paradox... He actually regresses (and not just with this) as the seasons go on. Sad what they did to one of the leading male characters.

I also don't see how Pacey and Joey are compatible AT ALL. He could never handle her success and her closeness with Dawson and she could never motivate him like Andie could.

In the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. Pacey's insecurities were never addressed both regarding Dawson and his inferiority complex of Joey's education and career.

I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise. I can already see it coming to surface again when for example the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because in a real life scenario anyone would go to their best friends to vent about their problems. In this case and unfortunately for Pacey, it just so happens to be Dawson (the soulmate) and Pacey would understandably become insecure again, then Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on, then they fight again, and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia.
I agree 100%! Dawson also showed how much of a man he is in Season 4 to Pacey, something Pacey never was able to do towards Dawson.

1. He saved his life on that boat without thinking twice

2. He actually told him about his plans with Gretchen, and did it so perfectly, by explaining that it will just happen no matter what he or Pacey do. Mature and level headed.

3. He made that picture of Pacey and Joey for her as a present, bypassing all his pain and disappointment...

Dawson was very unfairly treated during the whole show. He deserved at least to end up with Gretchen, if not Joey. I hope they fix this, as Mary Margaret Hummes (Gail) said that the reboot is very very possible (this was 3 days ago).

Hoping for the best!
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote