View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 04:43 AM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I'm right with you. I wouldn't have cared if we received a last minute series finale ending for DJ. See, in our case it was the only proper ending based on Seasons 1/2. DJ (and PA) were established in the first two seasons. The foundation. So even if they messed with Seasons 4-6, there was enough substance in Seasons 1/2 indicating that DJ and PA were the ONLY pairings meant to reach the finish line. PJ, not even close. Their story represented how to run away from an extremely unhealthy relationship, two people who mixed together and formed a toxic fire.
Agree with everything, especially to the bolded part. You have so accurately conveyed my exact feelings towards why I was still ok with DJ ending. I know their road was tough and there were many moments which I wish never happened but I still would've been able to get past them based on the foundation that was built in season 1-2. And we also got little moments here and there between seasons 4-6 that gave us hope. It's all quite sad when you think about it.