View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 09:56 PM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
By Jerry

I agree. I have stated this before Jack was supposed to be Dawson's original obstacle for Joey. Pacey as originally written was never to be a rival for Joey There never should have been a scenario where two best friends fight over a girl, especially Joey who emotionally distant from anyone, but Dawson. If you look at the Joey, Jack relationship, jack was the dominate one in that relationship. If I remember correctly Joey was awfully eager to jump in the sack with Jack.
I would've been much more content with a Dawson/Joey/Jack triangle than a Dawson/Joey/Pacey triangle. The latter had managed to ruin all that were involved in the triangle along with other characters attached to their storyline as well as destroying a once great friendship between Dawson and Pacey. And obviously ruining the entire series overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
With a Dawson, Joey and Jack triangle, think of all the good story lines they could have had without destroying the fabric of the series. For example, Pacey's dilemma, his girlfriend's brother chasing after his best friend's girl.

As I have said several times, making Jack gay was a bad mistake and started the series downward slide.
Regarding the bolded, I think that would've been a great storyline for Pacey.