View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:48 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
The way he cries about Andie to his dad in the S2 finale always makes me cry. I never ever envisioned they’d break them up 123 in S3. It’s Just sad
Such a good point. That is the real Pacey who was so in love with a girl he embraced. They both made each other better people. I love DJ but their love story was S1. PA had the S2 love story. That’s why I loved both DJ and PA. Both pairings balanced each other out. Dawson was less head in the clouds around Joey and Joey was less glass is half empty around Dawson. Andie had support and encouragement while she battled her mental health disorder and Pacey finally had hope for a bright future (grades better than ever) due to Andie giving him extra motivation and a belief he was worth it.

After the S2 finale I expected we’d see both main pairings have ups and downs until the college years while everyone maintained a friendship. Then I figured the college years would see one or both pairings broken up due to long distance and we’d see them find their way back to each other before the end of the series.

The foundation was built in seasons 1/2. Never in a million years did I think something as stupid as PJ would enter the picture, and the writers would literally destroy both pairings, taking down that solid foundation they spent two years building. That is precisely would happened.