View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 02:17 AM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Pacey became two completely different characters for me.

There was Pacey Seasons 1, 2, and part of Season 3.

Then there was Pacey Second part of Season 3 and the rest of the series.

I didn’t like the second Pacey. He absolutely looked pathetic. This is why I’ll never understand the Pacey stans. They cheered for him to have such a dark and miserable life.

The writers were basically in love with Joey. I honestly think even Pacey screaming at her at prom was to demonize him and make it “okay” for Joey to want Dawson in Coda. They always had a plan to make Joey look the best. I’m sure Stupin thought her series finale was perfect with Jen leaving her daughter behind (finish Jen off and make it her dying wish to see the triangle sorted so embarrassing), ending up with Pacey and staying close friends with the Hollywood director/producer friend who still carried feelings for her. Absolutely ridiculous.
Personally I didn't mind Pacey whenever he had nothing to do with Joey. As soon as he got with her and when any of his storylines linked to her, he became un-bear-able. He became this desperate dude around her (so did Dawson) and it felt like he was in the show to serve her purpose rather than have his own arc (at least with Dawson, he still had his own story). Pacey may have progressed in some areas, but overall as a character, he regressed so much.