View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 02:48 AM
Mex
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
I agree, they made Dawson look like some desperate dude. The show completely demoralised the character of Dawson. And yes completely agree that in a real life situation, it is so unrealistic that Dawson would be happy and stay in touch with Joey and Pacey given what they did to him. Ultimate betrayal.
Exactly, what kind of a friend is that? Like we are all supposed to just give in to any feeling or crazy thought we have in our lives about other people and in the end just expect the other side to comply and be happy with it because, hey, "I am in love, you can´t do nothing about it".

Ridiculous, he wasn´t even close to any romance with Joey in the first 2 seasons (apart from that childish looking at the rearview mirror and attempting to kiss her, but that was just to set up the scene for Dawson's realization). They obviously came up with that dumb idea when KW left the show and they felt they gotta do something radical to keep it going.

I just don´t understand Pacey shippers, if they had their best friend start a romance with a love of their life, they would probably change their opinion. Maybe Netflix realizes the potential of the show now that it is being rewatched so much and shoots a movie or something xD
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote