View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Mex
New Fan

My first shipping

Hi everyone!

After I spent all my life so far watching TV shows and never really shipped some couple a lot, I finally came to the realization that I have to find a forum of people that think the same as I do and comfort myself after a grave disappointment that Dawson Creek ending was.

The story started when I was a teen and watched it at a time when it was actually released, I loved DJo since the start and always hoped they will end up together. Later on I stopped watching and came back to realize she started a relationship with Pacey, which disgusted me so much, not by the fact she was exploring other boys, but because it was his "best friend" so I felt backstabbed same as Dawson.

I stopped watching for good, and some 20 years later here I am finally re-watching it all and got disappointed even more. That ending has to be worse than the GoT ending. There is just no way that made sense, having in mind that they were soul mates and lovers and so many times through the series it was shown they are meant to be together. Pacey was by far not the right candidate for her in the end, not gonna go into all the details but all of you die-hard fans know what am I talking about. Plenty of great analysis by other posters on this forum to argue that.

Also, as much as KW tried to make this a real story on growing up, he made it completely unrealistic in the end. They unjustly made Dawson a complete fool and a clown, who went on to end up alone and with "Spielberg" (like that is what he utmost wanted, maybe professionally but not in his romantic life). Finally, how on earth is it normal that Dawson is all of a sudden "ok" with Pacey and her going on with him. In any normal life situation, he would be mad and he would go on with his life but not stay in touch to hurt himself even more. Unrealistic and makes no sense at all. Pacey could have not come on to Joey and their romance would never happen because he knew it was his best friend's soulmate and eternal love. Now, I do get that they needed ideas to do plot twists and to extend the tv show, but hey, at least end it on a positive note with Dawson and everyone happy, not toss him down the drain like a clown. Instead, if they worked the story around Pacey and Andie's end game with Dawson and Joey, that would make all of the audience happy.

This way, he just destroyed a lot of people's emotions by doing a wrong thing.

I never in my life commented about this stuff on a forum, but I had to, and I am happy there are other people still thinking around this 20 years later, and still hoping it would be different. I hope Pacey and Joey didnĀ“t work out in the end Mr. KW, and that maybe someone will do a reboot or a movie where finally DJo gets their actual redemption in older age.

Unlucky that KWs mom didn't influence him enough to not do this rushed and stupid ending which makes me not wanna rewatch it, but I still do, at least because I like the seasons while they were supposed to end up together.

Yes I know it is just a tv show, but obviously, it hurt many people, that's why we still have forum posts around it. Thanks, everyone for this!
Mex is offline   Reply With Quote