View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:40 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
You would think the symbolism of the boat being lost forever was direct symbolism of the fate that was to await PJ. It's just textbook TV show symbolism. The boat was the symbolic foundation upon which their relationship was built on and the fact that it was destroyed it would supposedly demonstrate that their relationship was soon to face the same fate. Which is why it's even more obvious that the ending was not what was originally planned.

If I was a DJ fan and saw something like that happen to them I wouldn't have much confidence in them as endgame.
100%. I think it was a direct indication/foreshadowing they were just as doomed as the boat. I also find it interesting in that Josh interview Tony posted when asked about PJ he basically said Pacey doesn't get the girl/his relationships don't last. He had zero confidence in PJ because he had to have understood what was being written and conveyed about PJ to him as he played Pacey. He knew. I am sure it was a shock to him PJ received that ridiculous tacked on ending.

Yes, I mentioned up thread... what PJ centric episodes do PJ fans truly have to rewatch for their pairing that indicate anything but unhealthy and fated for failure for their pairing? They can watch S3 and the build up but S4 and S6 were not good for them. Even the tacked on ending made zero sense. I have never heard many PJers take a stance that their pairing was fated or makes sense based on the material we received in the episodes. Not many. Some believe the S1 Snail episode was foreshadowing, lol. But the vast majority understand they got very lucky and the story didn't support the ending even if they will never outwardly admit as much.