View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 12:41 AM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1983 (View Post)
It's that time of year. That time when I think of my teens, and the weekly highlight of watching DC. I can't begin to tell you what impact that show made on me.
I think the first episode I saw was the one were Dawson and Eve were caught on stage - and we saw Joey's reaction.

From that day I was a D/J-er, and the more I learnt about their story, the more engaged I was.
I diodn't even mind the P/J-story line that much, beacuse I new that one day, the reward would come.

After seeing how it all ended, I still can't go back to watch. That ending ruined so much. If it would haver ended on even a glimpse of hope for us D/J-ers, I think I would have re-watched the whole thing once a year.

How do you guys manage to watch it? I wish I could, but knowing how it ended, every episode seems somewhat "tainted".
I just recently got into the show and was also SO disappointed with the ending. Which is also why I too don't think I could rewatch the series. I agree, if we had a glimmer of hope for D/J I would rewatch it all the time but as you said, knowing what the ending is, it feels kind of "tainted".