View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 12:20 AM
RM01
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
So was I, and when you think about it I don't understand why Joey made such a big deal about the fact that Dawson was dating someone out in California. For one, I'd hardly call Natasha Dawson's "girlfriend," and he broke up with her as soon as him and Joey got together, and besides, what was he supposed to do, be a Priest? That whole scenario was so stupid, and they later kicked the Dawson and Joey fans here in the teeth when they had Joey call Dawson her "only one night stand," and they mocked their relationship in the "Dream Wedding" in the Series Finale. In the end, I think the Dawson and Joey fans got nothing: no “happy ending,” no romance, and when you look at it objectively, no friendship that even comes near the friendship that they once had. In the history of television, I don’t think a fan group has ever been cynically played like the fans of Dawson and Joey were.
I feel like all 3 times that Joey dumped Dawson were all just bizarre. The first time, and mind you after years of pining after him and finally getting together, a couple months later (not sure on the exact timeline), she decides to end it because she needs to "find herself"? Like what?? You are 15 chill. They probably would've broken up for some other stupid teenager reason but that reason just felt like it came out of nowhere (perhaps the writers just needed any excuse to break them up). The second time when it was because of her father (this was a bit of a tricky situation I admit), Dawson tried to do the right thing and keep her away from danger and she essentially disowns him not only as a boyfriend but as a friend as well which is probably the worst part of it all as friendship was the foundation of their connection (no matter how bad things got between them she never wanted to lose his friendship). The third time, she got pissed that he was seeing someone in LA when they slept together. I understand why she was annoyed but I don't think it was reason enough to completely end the relationship. He really tried to do the right thing and broke it off with Natasha the second he got a private moment after he slept with Joey but Joey just didn't want a bar of it. Yet she was happy to give it a shot with Pacey knowing he was actively involved in an affair with a married woman and in fact had just gotten beat up for it.