View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
https://youtu.be/zuhWix6UOKs

I loved the 601/02 promo so much and was so excited. Sadly my happiness only lasted an hour when the episodes aired. I was so upset.
So was I, and when you think about it I don't understand why Joey made such a big deal about the fact that Dawson was dating someone out in California. For one, I'd hardly call Natasha Dawson's "girlfriend," and he broke up with her as soon as him and Joey got together, and besides, what was he supposed to do, be a Priest? That whole scenario was so stupid, and they later kicked the Dawson and Joey fans here in the teeth when they had Joey call Dawson her "only one night stand," and they mocked their relationship in the "Dream Wedding" in the Series Finale. In the end, I think the Dawson and Joey fans got nothing: no “happy ending,” no romance, and when you look at it objectively, no friendship that even comes near the friendship that they once had. In the history of television, I don’t think a fan group has ever been cynically played like the fans of Dawson and Joey were.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy