View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:31 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
In response to the topic in the previous thread about whether people felt threatened by PJ (wasn't able to respond as the thread reached its limit), I didn't feel threatened by PJ but I think what was threatening was the fact that Josh and Katie dated in real life which I think would have had a lot to do with the PJ ending.

And LOL at the thread title.
I don't think Josh and Katie dating had a direct effect on the end. I think their dating ended before season two. What it did effect was the Pacey/Joey fan base. There is/was a group of fans who when they found out that Josh and Katie dated, they had to be together on the series as well. This group was very vocal and internet savvy. So indirectly they affected the series ending. I also think the availability of Meredith Monroe affected the series ending, and definitely Stupin more so than anything caused the series ending.

Interestingly the same thing happened on Gilmore Girls. Milo Ventimiglia (Jess) and Alexis Bledel (Rory) dated off screen. Which caused a very vocal group of fans to advocate their on screen romance.

I like the thread title. Very apt.