View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 07:43 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Completely agree.

PJ got together in the first place due being hurt over Dawson and Andie. The end of S3 should have been both realizing they confused romantic feelings with friendship because they were still not over Dawson and Andie. Same thing could have been revealed in S4 too. Joey was obvious about not being over Dawson in S4 anyway. I just never felt any deep romantic true love between PJ. They did not balance each other out and fought all the time. DJ balanced each other out and PA blew PJ out of the water too.
I completely agree with all of this. Pacey and Joey were a completely mismatched couple and their relationship was based on deception, betrayal, and the breach of an unwritten trust among friends, and neither Pacey or Joey were ever able to “exorcise” Dawson Leery’s “ghost” from their relationship. We saw Pacey make sneering comments about Dawson to Joey time and time again, and we saw Joey denigrate her relationship with Dawson to assuage Pacey’s never ending insecurities about Joey’s feelings for Dawson, but we’ve never seen them get past their “Dawson” issues, even though he completely stayed out of their relationship.

We saw Joey tell Pacey time and time again that she was completely over Dawson, but then we saw her react in an extremely jealous way whenever she saw Dawson and Gretchen together, even to the point where she tried to sabotage Dawson and Gretchen’s relationship before it really had a chance to begin, and we then saw Pacey try to sabotage Dawson and Gretchen’s relationship because he saw that it bothered Joey that they were together.

Therefore, from the beginning to the end, Pacey and Joey’s had failure written all over it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy