View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 06:11 PM
Penny Lane
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode. It’s interesting how Jules is considering going off hormones because her idea of womanhood was so closely tied to what she thought men wanted. But I also wonder if Hunter is going to de-transition so this is why they wrote that part in? Anyway, I loved how Jules described why she isn’t interested in men anymore because same lol.

You can tell Jules really loves Rue just from her expression and everything she said when the therapist asked her about it. But is it real love? She said herself that she falls in love really easily which sounds more like infatuation to me. Who’s to say the same thing didn’t happen with Rue? She was in love with Rue, Anna, and “Tyler” at the same time. That being said, I think she needs to leave Rue alone at least until she gets the help she needs. It seems that Rue it trying to stay sober and if Jules is now struggling with suicidal ideations, Rue doesn’t need to be around that. Jules needs to learn how to not hold herself accountable for what happens to Rue. She’s also assuming a lot of things about Rue because she doesn’t know how Rue would have handled the stuff about her mother. Jules was projecting the problems in her life onto Rue and I think that’s where a lot of their issues stem from.

I think it’s bad that Jules is more comfortable having relationships with strangers online rather than confronting her issues and developing real life relationships. I feel like she lives in a fantasy world so she can feel safe. Jules has so much to figure out before she even thinks about having a romantic relationship with anyone. The episode left me feeling like I don’t want Rue and Jules together anymore, Rue deserves better.

P.S. I couldn’t really tell if that was Nate in all those scenes except for the last one but it was still sickening to watch. Absolutely disgusting.
a meaningful, sane existence
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote